LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2.5i regular or premium?

Hi,

I drive 2.5 legacy 2009 and i have a question with regard of the fuel.

On book, it it recommended to use regular but i am wondering if i will get any benefits of use premium?

I have heard i might be able to get better performance, is that true?

How about longer life of engine:confused:?

Thank you guys.

I disagree having seen some learning views from NA Subarus. There is often a lot of timing being pulled even on the stock tune. Would the car benefit from 91/93 octane? I think so. Will you notice that difference? I don't think so.

i have read that for engine that is recommended regular, even if you use premium, car wont run "faster" but the quality of the gas is better and gives better life of the engine.

That is what I read too! I read bad things about regular. If you care about your car you should buy the highest octane possible. I can affort it so I get race gas every time.

100 octane is a lot better than 87 or 91.

I am just messing with you. There is no advantage running premium in a car that runs regular.

Premium being "cleaner" is also a myth unless you are maybe considering the detergent package. That is no issue since any top tier gasoline brand will get you good quality gas. BP uses "Invigorate" in all their gas grades, but I am not buying from them anymore because they ruined our coast.

High octane, 98ron here. I've used it in all my cars since it became available over 12 years ago.

It provides greater protection against knocking in hot weather and/or high load, which in turn provides more power since the ECU won't retard the timing to compensate.

i heard premium will get you 25+ more HP.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

well whats the point in that? I don't want to share my HP with others!!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Anyone run aviation fuel? I've heard that the AvGas 115 even gives the car next to you more HP!

Yup and the lead will also help lubricate valve stems AND make your cats more efficient!

Yup and the lead will also help lubricate valve stems AND make your cats more efficient!

Some say that he sucks the moisture from ducks, and that his sweat has a high enough octane to power a Legacy 2.5i … all we know is, he’s called the Stiffy!

:lol: does this statement hold true for synthetic oil?? :cool:

I have read that you get what you pay for and premium is more expensive so it is better.

Archived