LegacyGT.com

whats is envolved for a 3.0 swap into a 2.5 gt car ????

The Perrin build had it's issues, if you read the article carefully -> finding a ECU for a turbo 6 is challenging (I admit though that it is possible). I can imagine finding one for a turbo 3.6 even more difficult.

Anyone hear if Subaru is coming out with a turbo 3.6? I do not know why they wouldn't just do it. It's not like these autos get outstanding fuel economy - might as well go for wht you are good at: lots of power + all-wheel-drive = fun.

It's always entertaining to see a wagon beat a disco sled at a light. :)

theres no replacement for displacement right?

haha

Obviously you have never driven a turbo'd Honda civic have you. A buddy's has run 8.50 at 180mph in the 1/4 mile, yes it's streetable. Most of the faster one's run high 8's and 9's. Our 1.6L ran 9.85.

OP it's much easier to make your GT faster with the current engine. I hope you have that figured out by now.

For an ECU does AEM make one for 6's http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine-management-9/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't believe anyone has mentioned that the front suspension would have to be beefed up as well fr the extra weight of the six.

IMO this is one goofy idea fr a swap considering all the cost and potential problems involved.

i can make you guys 2.5 I turbo kits ..

Damn our non-turbo cross members! But I guess the good side is we can only use rotated setups or rather make our own rotated setups. My vote is for VF39 (we only need 5-7 lbs boost) or other small turbo then figure out the ECU side of things. You do all those things for under $3K in a kit or cheaper BAM! you got yourself a good thing :lol::wub:

I don't believe anyone has mentioned that the front suspension would have to be beefed up as well fr the extra weight of the six.

IMO this is one goofy idea fr a swap considering all the cost and potential problems involved.

Well i wonder what the difference is from the factory? Info seems scarce :eek:

DONT WORRIE ABOUT THE FRONT SPRINGS !

the motor is probably only 40 lbs heavier if that !

3K for 2.5 i set ups .. humm feaseable ..

are the 2.5 i computers hackable like the 2.5gt computers ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

here is weight diffrences from the book .. keep in mind the 3.0 r has no turbo and intercooler .. so weight diffrnece 35 lbs ..

1987186654_subieweights.jpg.faf7272add09843538c394128add6bc1.jpg

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

DONT WORRIE ABOUT THE FRONT SPRINGS !

the motor is probably only 40 lbs heavier if that !

3K for 2.5 i set ups .. humm feaseable ..

are the 2.5 i computers hackable like the 2.5gt computers ?

hahaha feasible I like that it's better than "could be possible" really parts wise and if we had a notched x-member we could get the turbo parts for under $600 used (LGT manifold, UP, DP,BCS, and coolant, oil lines, etc) we would still need a FMIC unless we got a scooped hood.

The ECU can be hacked b/c the Impreza 2.5i ECU has been plus you can OS tune a 2.5i.

It's only feasable if you have a fat wallet and don't know what to do with your money.

Like myself and others have said before,just trade your car in for a 3.0 r.

This thread is like a high school debate class :rolleyes:,I'm gone,have fun with your swap.

Archived