LegacyGT.com

Slotted Rotors?

Where would I get these brake lines?

Looks like I will be going with HPS front + rear pads for $130 (unless I get a quote for less from another place).

Going to get 4 new stock rotors from NAPA within the next couple of months. I hate the feel of the ceramic brake pads I have on there now in the front.

Slots are for bling. Most people who race use solids, because there is less chance of them warping or cracking because of the slots etc.

yes I know Porsche uses drilled Ceramic rotors , but they cost more than most of our cars do.

I disagree with slots eating up pads. I too am a spirited driver, but unfortunately I don't get to do canyon carving and build up a lot of heat in short intervals, which will make a difference.

I do the twisty back country roads here in the Northeast quite frequently.

I had Hawk HPS on my BE. Totaled it on black ice after 16K of use. Removed them and put them on my BL at 17K. Did not have to change them (fronts) until recently. I had 72k on the odometer! That means 16 +55=71K miles of hard use. But no racing or tracks.

Want to lessen chances of warping? Don't apply the e brake after spirited driving.

My 2 cents

O

Will stock Napa Rotors work for the HPS pad application? As far as good stopping power. I have cheap $40 ceramics on the front from napa and CHEAP rear semi metallics in the rear from autozone.

Archived