LegacyGT.com

The 2011 Subaru Legacy in Caramel Bronze Pearl

jgsb1966

I have never seen a tasteful brown car.

brown looks good on natural materials, like wood, with grain, and variance. My house is full of fine woodwork, and it looks very nice.

brown pretty much invariably looks bad on metal surfaces as paint. I can't immediately think of an exception of a good looking brown painted machinery. It isn't as though it is cast out of real bronze or anything, and I am not so sure it would look good if it were.

I have never seen an attractive BROWN car. I just haven't

Just because it sells to some people, like my grandfather, who buys tan and brown cars because the gravel dust doesn't show up so obviously, because he is a pragmatist beyond any shred of anything else. Most old farmers are, and I can respect that. But that isn't an aesthetic critique, nor a matter of taste.

I've never heard of an aesthetically desirable, or tasteful reason to choose a brown car.

To each their own, but the BL Legacy looked bad in brown, and I liked the BL design.

The BM Legacy in brown, with it's design... on one hand seems fitting, but none of it good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen an attractive BROWN car. I just haven't

http://www.autofiends.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/browncar.jpg

Granted it's tough to make a 911 look bad. I'd love a 911 turbo.

I do also like earth tones in pickups:

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/32509602+w750+st0/2011-ford-f-series-super-duty-right-side-brown-truck.jpg

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Nope.

I would trade either of those for examples in other colors...

the truck is only slightly more forgivable than a brown Porsche. And I know Porsche paints cars brown now, and did in the 70s and 80s, too. Didn't like them before, either.

I give up. :lol: I like browns to an extent. I'll hold off until I see this new color in person though as pictures can be tricky.

-Ronald Reagan

Looked brown to me? Plus, the file name is "browncar.jpg" and since the internet is never wrong, I am right by default. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

I liked the brown/bronze colored 4th gens..... does that make me weird? I think that color would look magnificent under the sun if you polished and waxed it nicely. Darker tones can do things that light colors just can't achieve when the car is properly taken care of.

I just think that IWSS doesn't realize that his opinion/perception isn't everyone else's reality. Brown cars are completely unappealing to me, but I can understand that other people do like them.

Direct excerpt from Dupont's 2009 color trend report:

According to the 57th annual DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Report, automakers are using variations of brown with metallic accents to provide a high-end unique differentiation to their vehicle.

I'm not a fan of brown, but Subaru is simply following the color trends. Whether it's the right shade of brown for those who do want it remains to be seen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YES!!!! And the car didn't go up $500 either! :eek: It's AWESOME!!!! :p:lol:

Please re read what I wrote... and think about it long and hard. You seemed to have skipped some key elements of what was posted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why do you think everything revolves around you? :iam: Seriously, get over yourself. :lol: This has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry, I wanted to let you down softly but I don't know how. :spin:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Why do you think everything revolves around you? :iam: Seriously, get over yourself. :lol: This has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry, I wanted to let you down softly but I don't know how. :spin:

because every single time, you are referring to me... and every single time... you've misunderstood or twisted something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That time I was not. I was simply saying "Look, it can be done without incurring costs that make the vehicle unaffordable." That's all. :) I just found it funny, you take everything SO seriously. I haven't seen you on here just having fun in years. :iam:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived