LegacyGT.com

The 2011 Subaru Legacy in Caramel Bronze Pearl

jgsb1966

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colour itself is nice, it's understated, rich, and the pearl looks really nice under the sun. The problem is that when you put it on an inherently ugly car like the 5th gen, it brings out the worst in the bodylines. The Legacy is already an old-man mobile, so colouring it in brown only exemplifies that.

This colour would be amazing on old muscle cars, cars that by design are already so wild that using a more understated paint scheme would even things out.

The colour itself is nice, it's understated, rich, and the pearl looks really nice under the sun. The problem is that when you put it on an inherently ugly car like the 5th gen, it brings out the worst in the bodylines. The Legacy is already an old-man mobile, so colouring it in brown only exemplifies that.

Very true indeed. Every time I see a previous gen Legacy, I think, man that's a nice looking car. I saw a beautiful '05 - '07 silver GT today that caught my eye as it drove by. The current gen completely lacks that appeal.

What disappoints me most is I still like the Subaru powertrain (aside from the CVT), and would love to stick with the symmetrical AWD. But honestly, if my car were to get totaled today, I have no idea what I'd replace it with. It wouldn't be a new Legacy.

I also think this a dogsh*t brown or vomit color. Ever seen your dog eats it's feces and then vomit--that's this color to me!

Funny thing about the color is that I was shopping with my partner for a new Outback last week, and the preferred color choice was this one! Needless to say, I did an executive override of the car buying process. We are now going with a VW Jetta SportWagen TDI instead. LOL!

I also think this a dogsh*t brown or vomit color. Ever seen your dog eats it's feces and then vomit--that's this color to me!

Funny thing about the color is that I was shopping with my partner for a new Outback last week, and the preferred color choice was this one! Needless to say, I did an executive override of the car buying process. We are now going with a VW Jetta SportWagen TDI instead. LOL!

Good choice. 5th gen Outbacks are minivans.

• 3 months later...

I'm proud to say I own a Caramel Bronze. like someone stated earlier, different people have different taste. I hated how the Bronze looked in pictures and online but have to admit its actually very nice in person.

[ame=http://www.flickr.com/photos/30546560@N02/5852737017/]Lazy Sunday 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5109/5852737017_9a979600ea_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@5852737017@@AMEPARAM@@9a979600ea[/ame]

Archived