LegacyGT.com

JL Audio Clean Sweep....

SVXWRX

It's going to retail at $400.

Do a search on the forums for "CleanSweep".

The neat thing is that the VP of JL Audio just got a Legacy GT wagon and is doing an install in his car. He has a prototype version of the unit. There are a few pictures of the beginnings of his install, but none show the unit itself, yet.

-ben

Hey, as long as you like what you get, that's all that should matter :). On a side note, I looove the '05 STi's updated interior.

yeah, i really like the '05 STi interior - a big improvement in the steering wheel alone! :D

my dilemma is, i haven't driven a stick in like 15 years. i live in the south *hills* of Pittsburgh and deal with a decent amount of suburban traffic. do i really want a 6-speed? :confused:

do i really want a 6-speed? :confused:

It'll come back to you. Yes, you want a manual (5 or 6, whatever).

I hadn't driven a stick full time for about 9 years, and I'm loving it. There'll be a bit of a learning curve to the AWD transmission anyways.

after sitting in traffic yesterday......i dunno.

if i did get a LegGT it would be a 5EAT Sportshift. did i mention my wife is totally against the STi because its a 6-speed? :lol:

after sitting in traffic yesterday......i dunno.

if i did get a LegGT it would be a 5EAT Sportshift. did i mention my wife is totally against the STi because its a 6-speed? :lol:

no no no get the manual...i got a 5EAT and my only regret...not getting the manual....i used to think just like u when my bro bought but then i found myself driving in sport-shift more than 90% of the time when i had his LGT....then i started wishing i had got 5MT...but guess what it was my bro's car....so i gave it back to him and now will get a 5MT for myself

no no no get the manual...i got a 5EAT and my only regret...not getting the manual....i used to think just like u when my bro bought but then i found myself driving in sport-shift more than 90% of the time when i had his LGT....then i started wishing i had got 5MT...but guess what it was my bro's car....so i gave it back to him and now will get a 5MT for myself

ok then, YOU argue with my wife. :D

BTW, 1997 SVX LSi, Ebony Pearl 70k miles for sale. ;)

GO to the site it show you the unit, and prototype my butt mine is on the way.

Whoah, Jim; you say it's for sale? It's not on their site store, not that I could find. I've been waiting for this one. Where did you get it?

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

It's not for sale yet. He's probably doubting what I said in my post. Search for member "msmith". Manville Smith is the Vice President of JL Audio. Hence the prototype unit. :p

It should be coming out in like a month or two anyways.

-ben

Where do I order it? I read about it, but I couldn't find where it was in the "store".

I'm really impressed with how JL has taken the bull by the horns with this issue.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

If you guys are interested in a CleanSweep you should contact your local JL Audio dealer and put down a deposit. We do not sell online, nor do we have any authorized online retailers. We are on target for a late May delivery of the first units, but supplies will be very tight for the first few months. I strongly recommend that you get a deposit down with your local dealer if you want one before summer.

I can tell you that it works beautifully in the LGT, completely cleaning up the factory EQ curve... I will post some response curves (before and after) sometime next week so you can see for yourself.

Best regards,

Manville Smith

JL Audio, Inc.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived