LegacyGT.com

Before I order HVAC Bulbs

I have not a clue if my 96 L Sedan has lights in the HVAC (I don't know why it wouldn't)

I believe I found the right size bulbs for my HVAC if it were case.

Would the 96 L HVAC bulbs have changed from the BE/BH?

#NEO-4x is the size I think I need. :\

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay so NEO-3x. I was trying to find them but I couldn't. So I take it I need 2 bigger NEO -3x and then a smaller one? Or just 3x NEOx LED Instrument bulb? or NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb?

No I just order 3 of the NEO-3x when I did mine and they work fine. I ordered mine off of superbrightleds.com. Click enter site, 12v car bulbs, twist lock instrument bulbs, then the first one is the bulbs you want. The select the NEO-3x 3mm.

You might wanna hold off if you are changing the color because I'm in the middle of changing the color of the LED telling you which setting you are on.

I have all red in mine. My aftermarket radio had blue lights in it till last week and they were way to bright for me while driving at night. Just switched them to all red. The little LEDS telling you witch setting you are on is the last thing to do. I did the window switch light also, its really easy.

the 4 green and one orange should not be burnt out. my were fine and the are serperate from the 3 twist locks.

sub kid. do you have the map and dome and door and shifter and trunk and glovebox and plate lights and visor all changed to red. i did that but in blue.

i also have a secret project in working on that you all will like.

Yeah the 4 green and orange still work. My only problem now after I replaced them is that my Fan speed lights up and my temperature slider light up. But only the center 2 buttons light up for the little dudes lol. The two on the right and left don't light up.

I didn't buy the high powered Neo-3x bulb. Was that the issue?

Also what bulb is needed to replace the Hazard button? I need to still do that and the AT light.

I kinda wish I would have bought the High Powered bulbs for the HVAC and even the Gauge Cluster.

Are you sure Zues? I have taken a few apart before and they all have the lights. The hazard button is the same as the HVAC. The AT shifter light is a 194 bulb. All the buttons next to the steering wheel are the same as the HVAC lights, 2 per button. The gauge cluster used 3 194 and 2 74 bulbs plus 2 more 74 if you want to do the turn signals.

Amp I dont have the dome lights or anything like that colored. I have tried a red bulb in the map light and it isn't bright enough so I kept the white light. I have done the LED on the drivers side window switch and I am working on the HVAC indicator lights.

Are you sure Zues? I have taken a few apart before and they all have the lights. The hazard button is the same as the HVAC. The AT shifter light is a 194 bulb. All the buttons next to the steering wheel are the same as the HVAC lights, 2 per button. The gauge cluster used 3 194 and 2 74 bulbs plus 2 more 74 if you want to do the turn signals.

Amp I dont have the dome lights or anything like that colored. I have tried a red bulb in the map light and it isn't bright enough so I kept the white light. I have done the LED on the drivers side window switch and I am working on the HVAC indicator lights.

I hate doing this because I hate asking a million question but I never want to get the wrong thing.

So 4x Neo-3x (going to go with the high powered ones) just for the Cruise and rear defroster buttons?

And then the shifter bulb is 1x 194 bulb?

And then 1x Neo-3x for the hazard light?

And the turn signal bulbs (which maybe I should do red? or still blue?) are 2x 74's.

Also on top of that I remember doing 4x 194 and 2x 74 bulbs for my gauge cluster. Is the High Powered 74 bulb bigger then the normal 74 to the point where it wouldn't fit? Because I think I am going to swap everything over to the high powered ones. Which who knows if it will make a big difference.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2424/img00045201005102201.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

well now that i think about it, did you mean lights behind the "people" on the buttons? or the tiny green (orange on defrost) "on" light under each button... my "people" dont illuminate, i think most models do? maybe not

well now that i think about it, did you mean lights behind the "people" on the buttons? or the tiny green (orange on defrost) "on" light under each button... my "people" dont illuminate, i think most models do? maybe not

That's weird. Do you know how many plugs go into the back of your unit? Mine has 3 and every plug has no empty slots. If yours is the same I couldn't see why you wouldn't just go pick one up at the junk yard.

Yes Baddog the lights you have listed will do the trick. I don't know the size difference between the normal and high powered lights. email superbrightleds.com and they will send the dimensions to you. You are probably right on the 4 194's and 2 74's. I forgot the exact numbers it has been a while.

just saw baddogs pic above, mine dont do that,

that looks pretty damn sweet though, is the light behind the guages evenly spread or is it just a bad pic?

The whole gauge cluster lights up. But not evenly. Like the right side of the speedo and the left side of the Tach are brighter then the outer side. So its bright in the middle and fades off on the other sides. I was wondering if the high powered bulbs would give it a better spread.

The whole gauge cluster lights up. But not evenly. Like the right side of the speedo and the left side of the Tach are brighter then the outer side. So its bright in the middle and fades off on the other sides. I was wondering if the high powered bulbs would give it a better spread.

Mine is the same. I was thinking to make the 74's brighter and use the 74's I have now for the turn signal blubs. If you end up buying the high powered ones let me know how they work.

If I have time I will shoot them an email and see if there is a large difference in size of the high power vs normal. If I remember there was more than enough room for the normal 74's to slide in.

Mine is the same. I was thinking to make the 74's brighter and use the 74's I have now for the turn signal blubs. If you end up buying the high powered ones let me know how they work.

If I have time I will shoot them an email and see if there is a large difference in size of the high power vs normal. If I remember there was more than enough room for the normal 74's to slide in.

Yeah I am going to buy ONE high powered bulb for the center of the HVAC controls to see if it makes a difference and if it does then I will buy more for the gauge cluster.

I just don't want to buy high powered ones and not see a difference and have no use for the other bulbs.

Yeah I have not a clue how to pull the gauges out which im sure isn't hard but if the lights work I will just use them instead of having to do that.

Also the light will go through the reflective tape?

Archived