LegacyGT.com

power wire

dombek2k7

Okay, i hooked up my rca converter... ran my wires... but!!! went to do the Power wire... where the hell can i run it through?? I personally do not want to put a hole in my fire wall... so question is.. where did you run your power wire through?

ok not sure which car you have but on my 2009 2.5SE auto. There is a huge grommet right beside the brake booster.( if thats the brake booster) its that big round thing on the driver side. the grommet just pops out and there is a hole so big that you could prolly fit three 1 gauge wire through it.

drivers side, like theride said up near the brake pedal and junk there's a grommet up there with nothing in it. i had to put a hole in mine but it was still a blank filler.

Yep. I popped it out and put a hole in it. I have 2 8 gauge wire running through it. To be honest, its one of the easiest power wire run i have ever done.

i second that lol the car was far easier then most things i've dealt with.

ltr... good god man running a fire hose worth of copper there ahhahaha! i'd highly imagine you'd have to go under the damn car just so you could make sure your carpet would stay down ahhahaha!

I took my fender, bumper and wheel off to run throught the side of the car. There is a small grommet running wires through the fender, and it went very well considering the Oawg wire.

• 1 month later...
i have an 05lgt i looked everywhere... no idea where to run the wire..

^ I too have an 05 and can't find that 'huge' grommet next to the master cylinder..

drivers side, like theride said up near the brake pedal and junk there's a grommet up there with nothing in it. i had to put a hole in mine but it was still a blank filler.

^ Please, please, please could you provide a picture? I just can't find that grommet. And I want to finish installing my system soo bad. please? :)

If nothing else, run it through the drivers side wheel well grommet as described in this boost gauge install.

I saw that one but I am afraid that my 1/0 gauge wires won't fit in there (Big system pending installation :rolleyes:). The wires are big like your thumbs..kinna tight in that grommet I'd think.

So please please picture of that big magic hidden grommet on the driver side..

seriously making things way too complicated... look above the pedals on the drivers side you can't miss the blank grommet.

Like he said impossible to miss big black grommet... pops out right next to the brake booster how convenient right? If your feeling real hand tuck it under your carpet and run it to the left side of your car just did it today actually if you own a flat head screw driver you can do it.

I saw that one but I am afraid that my 1/0 gauge wires won't fit in there (Big system pending installation :rolleyes:). The wires are big like your thumbs..kinna tight in that grommet I'd think.

So please please picture of that big magic hidden grommet on the driver side..

i'll see about taking an image tomorrow when i get home from work if i can... i would have today if i saw this was brought back up since i was washing my car and cleaning it out :lol:

i am dumbfounded how you guys are not seeing the blank though honestly... a local guy who had an 05 was the one who showed it to me in my 07 so i know it's there from atleast 05 to 07. the 0/1 gauge is no where near big in that grommet either hahahah hell you can fist the damn thing if you wanted.

i'll see about taking an image tomorrow when i get home from work if i can...

^ I KNOW you can. ;) You will make my day dude. I cannot bear any longer driving my car without my back getting massage with my bass LOL

i am dumbfounded how you guys are not seeing the blank though honestly.

^ I know I know. kinda stupid but I really can't see it. I don't know if it makes a difference but I have a manual trans.. I am waiting paaaatiently for your pic.

If anything if it is too small you can just take a razor blade and make the little slit in it a bit bigger thats all I did send me your email in a pm and i will send you a picture of the grommet and my wire going through if you want to hard to do this on a phone ha.

crap. That's what I feared: I found this post:

If you have an automatic, there should be a triangular(?) rubber grommet where the clutch master cylinder WOULD be if it was manual. It should be near the brake master cylinder if you're looking under the hood.

If it's a 5spd car, some run it through the passenger side of the firewall where the wires to the ECU go. That should be a big bundle of wires going into an even bigger rubber grommet.

This comes from this thread. So looks like no big grommet on driver side for me :mad:

So I guess you guys who used it all have automatic trans?

odd... my friends 05 was the 5 speed manual... i am an auto though yea.

^huh. Still, that' d be nice if you provide a pic of yours to be 200% sure.

Under the carpet where the clutch is, there's a nice spot to run the wire through. You need to be inside the car on the drivers side, with the carpet pulled back. Easy to spot, have fun

^ really? I'll check that one out.

You know guys, I think we should have a sticky JUST for grommets! This way, we won't create 10000 threads/posts just to ask that question over and over..:lol:

alright man i got a few images of where i'm going through the firewall. you should be able to find it after this. i'll upload them when i get to work in the morning... i'm exhausted (had a crappy day at work) so i'm going to resize and upload tomorrow. till then... get excited hahhahah.

Archived