LegacyGT.com

Places to check out in/near Salt Lake City (to live)

TrueWhiteBoy

Well I've lived in Socal, Phoenix, Tucson, Albuquerque. I've never had issues in any of those citys. With in a week of moving to SLC I saw more drugs then I've seen in my whole life. Pills, cocaine, weed. Everywhere I went people were doing lines and popping pills. I've never seen that elsewhere. Also I've never lived anywhere else where I've had stranges and couples come up to me and ask me to have sex with them or do a 3 some. That is just strange. I've had 2 guys ask me if I would have sex with their wives so they could watch. I've had 3 other couples as me to be in a 3 some with them. I'm not down for 2 poles and a hole. When I was single out here dating, almost every single girl I would go out with would try to jump me on the first date. I've had girls show up at my place to go out, walk in and start undressing asking to screw.

Maybe I just have a bunch of wierd random experiences. It isn't like I'm going out looking for this stuff.

Where did you live in Albuquerque? I wouldn't wipe my ass with that shitty town. No place I've ever hated more than Albuquerque. How anyone could find that town better than SLC in ANY category is beyond my imagination.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I found out that the office is actually in Pleasant Grove, it appears they chose that location so that they can get a labor pool of SLC and Provo

Murray (pricewise) does seem really cool.

Out of curiosity, where does SLC's more liberal influence end and where does it start getting more conservative?

It varies so much in Utah it's hard to say but Sugarhouse would be much more liberal where as provo/orem and such would be much more conservative. Downtown is pretty neutral except the crowd attracted by the salt lake temple (very conservative obviously) Murray is a wide mix. If that helps at all. Some people may have different opinions but really the only areas that are significantly more one than the other are sugarhouse and provo/orem.

There are still other areas besides what you see on the map. For example, Layton is fairly liberal as is Ogden. Layton is, surprisingly so (or so I believe), due to the Air Force base there (just brings in different groups from outside Utah). Not really sure why Ogden seems a little more liberal.

You probably REALLY don't want to live up there though if your work is going to be down in Pleasant Grove! :lol:

Yeah, that's part of the problem, and why I was re-inquiring about locations.

I'll need something close to Pleasant Grove, but would prefer something a bit more liberal.

I'm the worst Mormon ever :(

Euclid, that's an awesome drawing, thank you.

I think as long as you stay north of "the point of the mountain" (where my southern blue line is) you will be fine. So a place in the Sandy/Draper area is closer to Pleasant Grove, but still in the Salt Lake Valley.

I think i'll chime in, as I currently live in Utah County...

I live in Provo and work in Orem. The Provo/Orem area is the largest part of Utah County. I don't like PG because there's a sewage plant there and it always stinks.

Nicer, growing areas are Lehi, Saratoga Springs/Eagle Mountain. Personally, I like Orem. Two malls close by, lots of stores, and fun things to do. Also keep in mind that if you live in SL Valley, the commute is gonna suck after a while...especially in the winter. I-15 is going through a major construction project over the next few years, and I bet gas prices are gonna continue to go up.

We currently pay $490/mo plus utilities, putting us at around $600-ish for our 2-bedroom apartment in an OK part of town. If you want cheap, go with Provo/Orem.

Edit- I'm originally from West Palm Beach, Florida and have lived in Provo for 4 1/2 years. Spent two years in Nevada as well.

I guess this may help a bit, but I'm a 27 year old male (single male if the long distance thing doesn't work out, unfortunately) hoping to stick to an area where I can still hit up a bar or club somewhat regularly (and various other social places). Also, should friends decide to come to visit I'd also like to be able to have an occasional party. I remember hearing that various apartment communities don't allow alcohol at all, but I was curious what areas they were.

I've never heard of places not allowing booze. The only place I can think of is maybe in Orem/Provo in BYU approved student housing, but you don't have to worry about that.

Try this website out. It's been a long time since I rented, but this site seems to have some good info on places to rent. When I did rent I lived in a complex called Royal Farms. It was super close to the freeway and a nice place all around.

http://saltlakecity.apartments.com/

I normally have a room for rent in my house. Just depends when the current roommates are leaving. I'm pretty sure the girl downstairs is leaving end of July. That is always an option and what I would do if I moved somewhere. Find a nice house and rent a room for 1/2 of what an apartment would cost.

Archived