LegacyGT.com

Places to check out in/near Salt Lake City (to live)

TrueWhiteBoy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and back to burdening I go :(

It seems that Sandy and Draper seem to be good inbetween areas (SLC and Pleasant Grove).

I notice that I haven't heard anything about South Jordan as it appears (at least on a map) to be in a good area, at least in terms of distance.

Any thoughts/concerns about South Jordan?

South Jordan is decent... Not my choice of places, but it is growing and there is a lot of new development out there. A ton of new restaurants and shopping have been popping up all over. Freeway access kind of sucks. I think Bangerter Highway is the only thing out there.

I live on the border of Sandy/Draper and I love it. Was a bit hesitant to buy a house in the area after growing up in Foothill/Sugarhouse area, but now I love it.

Depends where in South Jordan, just like where in West Jordan. There are pockets of very very very nice houses hidden in those areas. I live right on the border of murray/west jordan/taylorsville and south jordan is only 1 mile south.

I havn't spent a whole lot of time in south jordan but the 'older' parts of West jordan ( not far from South ) alot of the homes have bars on the windows, and are fairly trashy - imo - Its not a place i would pick ( west jordan ) South jordan you might run into some of the same problems.

I really like the Murray, Midvale area's My house (brand new town home) is 2 mins from the free way assuming i hit both lights, and that puts me about 15 mins from anywhere in the greater salt lake valley. My old apartment which i really liked in Midvale, was the Brighton Place appartments.

I really liked them, The apartments were really big, and for the most part the whole place was really clean. They allow pets, and I threw some pretty outragous parties, and they were very loud, only ever had the neighbors come ask us to be quiet once. Never had the cops called.

They are a little pricey but definatly worth it. 2 bedroom 3rd floor with fireplace, loft and a pet, was 850/month. It was like a condo, my only complaint was lack of counter space.

Adam

Yeah, I'm trying to save money, so I'm trying to avoid paying more than I do in rent now ($700), for that reason I'm trying to find something less than $630, ideally with a dog (I hope to get a dog should I move out, figure it might make it a bit more fun).

They are a little pricey but definatly worth it. 2 bedroom 3rd floor with fireplace, loft and a pet, was 850/month. It was like a condo, my only complaint was lack of counter space.

Adam

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:breathe:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't realize Salt Lake was so cheap!!!! Holy crap! My first floor 1BR w/ Garage and no pet is around $900 a month. I live in a nice apartment, but not top tier either.

:lol:

Yeah, and Denver isn't really out of line with Minneapolis either. About the same really. The only difference there is that a similar apartment I had in Minneapolis actually included heat (not electric). Apartment I had there was about $750-800/month with a garage space as well, also first floor, but the building was about 50 years old - not as "nice" (appliances weren't as nice, didn't have Washer/Dryer included like I have now, interior "details" were much cheaper/older).

I guess I don't know if I've always lived in expensive cities or if Salt Lake is cheap. Compared to my friends in San Jose/San Francisco, I've always felt good about what I paid for where I lived! ;)

Yeah no kidding, Orange County is kinda up there too, especially if I want anywhere decent near where I work.

I'm currently in a nice place (decent neighborhood) 2/2.5 townhome and our rent is 1450. Granted the housing market has gone down further since we moved in 1.5 years ago, but it was a hell of a deal at the time.

Archived