LegacyGT.com

Are lgt and 2.5i hoods interchangable?

lol..as soon as i saw this post i knew youll be in for some bashing..wasnt even a month ago i asked this question..apparently the hood scoop is sacred and absolutely forbidden on your car unless you have a turbo under it....but yea a GT hood will bolt right up to our cars..i found some great deals on ebay on a few GT scooped hoods, if i remember right they were around $150-$200 on their..regardless of what you decide, ill support your decision!! i just like the look of the scoop..do some searching and see if you can find my thread on this, youll get a laugh..really had some GT guys stirred up..good luck with your mods, i say if you like it, go for its your car..

yea, it wasnt cheap..but not ungodly...i think they wanted $100-150 for shipping..but round $300 total i didnt think was too bad..my wheels and tires ran me $350 shipping when i bought them off of ebay for my trailblazer..ebay can be a hidden gem, you just have to watch the quality of some stuff..thats where i just bought my new katzkin leather interior for my subie, brand new for not even half of retail with free shipping..

If I had the N/A I'd probably want the hood just for lighter weight. Sure, you don't have anything that the scoop would feed to, but the 3rd gen 2.5GT had a fake scoop. So did the GC8 2.5rs and outback "sport". I'm not gonna give you shit for it. Its not like you are sticky taping a cheap "scoop" that you got from JC Whitney.

Why is the GT hood lighter? My 2.5i hood is aluminum, same as the GT, so I'm not seeing the big difference.

As for the whole hood scoop on a non-turbo car issue, I say do what you want. If a couple of GT guys have a problem with it, they can piss up a rope.

^^sweet post..lol..exactly right..i posted pics of my legacy under the black pearl thread..a few people wrote back saying id have a winnder if id remove my windshield decal and my custom license plate i built for the front..why in the world would i remove all that when i paid to have it put on?? if i didnt like it, i wouldnt of put it on..even asked whyd i put a sunroof deflector on the car?? because i wanted to, i say put a GT hood on your car, post pics back in here so i can decide if i am going to follow suit or not...go for it

Do whatever you want to do with your money. If you think it looks good, do it, but some of us will still poke fun at you for it. 99% of people won't know or care, but the 1% of the population who drive an LGT will.

One of my subie buddies has an 07 n/a Impreza with some killer suspension mods (springs, sway bars, quick rack steering) and decent engine mods (cams, heads, exhaust), but he also has the STi hood and spoiler. It looks good and its pretty quick, but those of us that know poke fun at him a little bit. He can drive the holy heck of that car at auto and rally crosses though.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Haha... I can understand being made fun of go for it... But i'm not in love with the price of the car or the price of the insurance for an lgt. This car will suit me just fine for a high school car and maybe when insurance cools off i'll get an lgt, but for now i'm going to have fun with what I can afford. :)

I would love to turn my car into a true sleeper. If you had a SWP in lived in CO, I would seriously consider swapping my hood w/ scoop for a standard hood if the weight was the same - as well as my winged trunk for wingless.

Thanks, I'll be here all day

OP, are you going top mount CAI, or just want the lighter hood, or just want to do whatever you want?

last I checked, people are allowed to do whatever they want to their own cars, so I'd say probably that one. :lol: Not that I would do the same.

OP, realize your engine compartment will be a total mess once you put that scooped hood on there with no place for the road crud/water to go but directly on your motor. Or do you plan to block it on the inside? In that case I'd say your gas mileage may drop a bit.

OP,

You can always try to find a local GT-gone-FMIC to trade with (although I can't seem to find a trade).

That said, anyone in the Northeast up for a trade? I've got a scooped hood off a Black '05.

I'm going out of my way to look slow.

Haha... I can understand being made fun of go for it... But i'm not in love with the price of the car or the price of the insurance for an lgt. This car will suit me just fine for a high school car and maybe when insurance cools off i'll get an lgt, but for now i'm going to have fun with what I can afford. :)

+1 For a fellow high school student who can't afford insurance on the GT so got a N/A!!

As for the hood, personally i LOVE the look of the legacy with a scoop so who cares if its functional, a lot of cars have non-functional scoops

^ and we make fun of those cars too.

Its just annoying after Subaru came out with that commercial for the Legacy where the guy said he loved it and the hardest part was choosing whether to get the hood scoop or not. It makes it sound like the hood scoop is simply an aesthetic option, and not something that is essential to proper performance. And then when someone with an n/a has the hood scoop, it just helps reinforce that opinion.

That's just my 2 cents. If you want the hood scoop, get the hood scoop, but be prepared to flood your engine compartment with unnecessary water and leaves.

It's cool; I'm with the band

People seem to forget that SOA put non-functional hood scoops on N/A cars here for years (Imprezas, legacys, outbacks). It's you car, do what you want. It's not like your adding a $10 stick on scoop that's a different color from PepBoys or something

^^thats a good attitude to have..a legacy is still better than most cars out there..my opinion also, my wife and i needed a 2nd AWD vehicle and i wasnt too concerned about speed, needed year round usability..so far im happy, but shes putting a hurting on my bank accounts..my next car will be RWD and V8 though..we have a 4wd suv, the subie, and her malibu..daddy needs some V8 fun...

Just don't do something like this:

http://img2.ifilmpro.com/blog//1/8/6/4/1864908/200811/1227646546758.jpg

The fact that the Legacy has a version with a functioning hood scoop from the factory means you won't be a total fool when driving around. Just don't be suprised if you ever meet up with a LGT owner who is a little upset that there's no intercooler in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived