LegacyGT.com

Sparkplug change Interval

Hi All,

I did a search, and couldn't really find anything conclusive on this. I'm wondering if there's an official time when I should replace my existing stock sparkplugs. I checked my service and warranty manual, and for sparkplugs, it just says to inspect and replace if necessary at 48k km. I looked further onwards and there's nothing listed that says you have to replace it to maintain the warranty. My 2007 GT is currently at 55k km and my mechanic inspected the plugs during my last service and still said they were okay. Just wondering when everybody else changes theirs. Also, I will be going stage 2 shortly in the next week so I'm wondering if I should change it at the same time. Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers.

60k miles means I should be good until roughly 97000 Km's, which is still a ways away. I guess I'll just wait until I get closer to that point...if I still have the car by then. Just thought there was always a set replace date for the plugs.

Thanks a bunch.

Official interval is 60k from Subaru. Interestingly enough my dealer(reputable one) uses 90k interval as they state they stay clean. I have 88k on my original plugs and no running issues(or CEL ever) and MPG is the same as always.

• 1 year later...

Stock.

There is no debate about using a step-colder. It's not necessary at all.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I concur with BAC, OEM NGK Plugs for Stage 1, 2, even 2+ are fine. Stage 3 you want to go one step colder but only if your tuner will tune for it...

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

My LGT at 60k miles looked absolutely fine. But intervals from the manufacturer are conservative by nature - they ensure, among a very wide range of driving conditions, good reliability and vehicle health.

On my in-laws 09 Outback 2.5 automatic, I just performed a 30k mile service WITHOUT touching the plugs. She drives 60mph on the highway, gets 32mpg often, and is an incredibly easy driver on a fairly conservative automatic transmission. Mile per mile, those plugs are getting alot less use than if they were towing/off-roading/being driven like me. I'll probably change them out for her at 45k miles, at which point I'm guessing they'll still be absolutely fine.

Archived