LegacyGT.com

Am I the only one paranoid?

No need to worry. Since the 3rd rebuild of my tranny it shifts fine and drives well. I have learned to coast when I can, to save the gear noise while the engine whines down in a gear. I think the backlash is not set perfect. But it's been fine for about 32,000 miles.

Just change the rear end fluid at 124,000 miles a couple of weeks back. I should take a picture of the big chunks of metal stuck to the drain plug. Rear end is quite, doesn't make any noise.

I still have the OEM turbo with the screen in the banjo fitting. The engine uses oil, but I check it weekly and top it off...always refreshing the oil. I go about 4000 -5000 miles between oil changes. Uses about 2 qt's or a little more in that time.

But Hey the car starts, will spin the tires on the 2nd gear shift it runs great. I drive it and enjoy not having any mufflers on it, I took them off about 4 weeks ago. I had pipes and nice tips installed so the exhaust goes out the back like it should.

Drive the car if it makes a little noise....just turn up the radio...that's why I got mine with the sub.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you leave the banjo filter in-your motor will blow up, If you run an aftermarket intake without a tune-your motor will blow up, if you use mobile1- your motor will blow up. Why do people buy these cars:spin:

All this talk is NO different than everything I hear on my other message boards that I visit... I've been told that if I run a 100shot of nitrous on a stock Chevy 60 degree v6 engine it will blow up... I have yet to do that and I beat he hell out of it... I've also been told that 4t60e transmissions are JUNK and can't hold power... Yet in my avitar I'm spinning 225/45/17 Drag radials at the strip with an LSD to warm them up, Also ran a 13.9 n/a with that setup and it was a stock rebuild on the trans, and I have yet to blow the trans under power... Only when I f-up rebuilding it... LOL

Either way I look at it, If you take care of the vehicle and perform general maintenance and stay on top of things and don't ignore preventative stuff... OH and don't rag the shit out of it all the time like its a race car... then you can typically make something last that others think is a pile.

I just bought an 07 with 93k on the clock... If I listened to all of this crap I would be pulling my hair out and not even driving the car, but I'm just taking it easy till I can go through everything that needs to be checked to ensure longevity... Also I need a manual before I begin to rip into this since its all new to me.

My paranoia with subaru in general went away after not having any problems with my nearly 300whp 05 wrx modded 2k on and sold it at 80k no problems.Yes it's a different car but subaru in general has been good to me..just do prevenative maintenance..and dont worry

i've read bad things about paranoia.

should have bought a spec b; the tranny hums beethoven's 5th, and the turbo is made of liquid metal that turns into a cop and punishes your enemies.

This made my morning!

I'm super paranoid when driving this car and mine isn't even a turbo! My wife and I have a 09 XT Outback and bought the NA 09 Legacy for a practical A-B car to that we wouldn't have to put super in or worry about performance issues. Biggest piece of crap I have ever owned. I feel much better when the car is in the garage.

Archived