LegacyGT.com

Looked at a WRX today

If you are going to buy it make sure everything is not leaking and stuff. I know a lot of the WRX's up here have to have the motors totally rebuilt at or around 100,000 miles. Also... If you do get it, paint it all one color and maybe not yellow lol Cops notice more because it stands out.

hahah the whole cops thing is a hoax. you gotta be doing 100 in a yellow car like any color car to draw attention to yourself :D

love the yellow though...I don't know. not a fan of the bugeye personally, but if it's in decent shape that should be a good find. you could probably get away with 6500 if you work on it.

I wouldn't ever want a yellow or red car. I don't like them. I might own one but only if I was planning on repainting it. Stats show that red cars are the ones cops are most attracted to, yellow not so much but the color is just sort of in your face and that's about it.

well good luck. my buddy had a main seal problem more then once on his bugeye so just look out for that. i just wanted to say the car looks like its in decent shape, just the color and the black hood and the gauges hit that it might have been beaten on by a younger driver, but i could be wrong.

Its not an STi if it has Sti on the intercooler. Easy pull off for some extra "power".

It looks beat up and is surely not worth 8. Make up rod knock, noisy valves, or if the 100k maintenace hasnt been done and see if you can get them down to 6500. I wouldnt touch it for anything more.

whats the basic 100k maintenance for these wrx? i would like to do that along with the c.v at once. im goin back down to look tomorrow with my mom, she has the final say since shes the co-owner on the legacy, cheaper on insurance when i have co-owner

Finding an 02/03 wrx that has NOT been beat on is virtually impossible. Honestly, I hate the 2.0 engines, way too many problems and things that CAN go wrong with a high mileage vehicle. You'll never know how it was treated, and you may just have a $7k lawn ornament in only a couple months.

If you buy one of these used, best bet, buy it from the original owner, or at least someone who knows the car. Not some dealership who legally can't tell you who owned it previously anyway.

Even if you asked, I am sure you will get the typical answer, "The previous owner just needed something bigger. They loved the car and it runs great."

I would rather hear, "The previous owner didn't feel like replacing the turbo and head gasket in the next 5k miles so the dumped it on us."

Gotta love salesmen... (I am not knocking that job in any way. I know they work 12+ hrs a day and live on commission. A great family friend has been selling cars for years but some of the b/s stories they tell people...jeez!)

I'd be very weary of purchasing that thing, like previously stated those usdm EJ20's aren't the most reliable motors. I had a friend with a Bug Eye WRX it was a cool car, but had a lot of seal issues everything from engine/ transmission/ to fuel lines.

Also I may be wrong, but if your in FL like the dealership is than there is no way that is a bug eye STI those were only available in JDM, European and Austrailian markets.

If your willing to take on the maintenance required, than go for it. I've always liked the look of the bug eye impreza.

Archived