LegacyGT.com

Turbo charged 3.0ltr

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The internals are standard but not fragile.

The weak links are the rods and pistons. Keep plenty of fuel up too it to prevent detonation is the key to holding it together. Not many people have boosted these engines and I havent heard of any failures. Still too early to say that its a truely reliable package.

Its important to remember we have 6 cylinders sharing the load as opposed to 4 and its a street car not a track weapon although I do know of another guy with a similar setup that does track days.

Cheers

First, props to ya man! This is awesome, pure JDM goodness...

As for the engine, I'd imagine that since your only running 11psi of boost, it shouldnt be too overtasked or at risk. I would think that it is a fair bit of stress, but its not the crazy 20+ psi us turbo'd ppl are running. ;)

And also:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/344/c/9/I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Hey Mark, would love to catch up and compare notes sometime when you have some of it free, we meet first wednesday of the month for our local club meeting in parra, you're welcome to come along, plenty of eyes would love to see your beast !

Paul

• 2 months later...

Gday Lads

Quick update.

done 15000km. No problems, the car is very streetable.

I am having some exhaust mods next week which I hope to net some good power increases without more boost.

I'll keep you posted

Cheers

Gday Lads

everyone wants to know how much..

so here it is... $25k aud...

Turbos $4k

Clutch $2.5k

fuel system $1.2k

exhaust $3k

misc parts $4k

The rest is in fabrication and tuning.. Loads of it..

Its a project not to be taken lightly..

I could of course done it cheaper but I wanted a reliable car built by someone with a good reputation.

After my final!!! exhaust changes next week, I am going to 1/4 mile it and get some vids and pics to share.

If you have questions about anything let me know..I dont mind sharing whats done.

Cheers

There is a EX36R TT on in Aussie land it is insanely sick

I know the guy..not quite.. he is building it now and it will be a weapon!! 450kw atw ..currently he has a similar set up to mine and makes similar power.

cheers

Archived