LegacyGT.com

Subikid's 98GT

what number sandpaper did you use?

still up in the air for red or black

id love to do red, just dont know if my red is gonna match the color of my

hood and bumper.... we shall see

whats next for your car?

I started with 220 and roughed it up then went over it with 500. Then painted it with 10 light coats. I have to pull it off again and sand it once more than put the final few coats on.

The rest of the LED's on the interior is next. Then painting the rims black and CAI.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good man,

def keep us posted, I want to do the LED Interior also

My STI is done up, just gotta do the BD now

Im still in debate with the black or gold wheels..... lol

BMWPride car looks great... Maybe Im Partial to the gold as my STI came with Goldies

Ill post some sample pics with my Gold BBS and White Grids against the BD

^yea im starting to kinda head in the gold direction......^

subikid. what kind of CAI are you going with?

Im debating on getting one from CosmoRacing..... I think its 135.00

if not im gonna pick up a Short Ram local for 20 bucks.....

where are you getting your LEDs from.

did you take a look at the 10 dollar 10 minute LED Install Thread?

I'm making my own CIA with the ebay kit for now. We get too much snow in the winter I don't want to put a cone in my fender.

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=11765&hilit=ebay+CAI

I know a lot of people use the Cosmo one and the Weapon-R. Cosmo has a better filter than the Weapon-R does, or so I have heard.

I get the bulbs for my gauges and HVAC unit from superbrightleds.com. They are awesome and not to expensive for the LED's. For the rest of the LED's, like for the window switch I just bough a pack of 50 T1 3mm LED's of ebay for $4 shipped.

• 2 weeks later...
^ you can buy an OEM Subaru Fender plug for the absence of the snorkus.. theyre only like $3 last time i checked

Which hole does it block? The hole next to the airbox?

UPDATE:

My headunit now has red LED's! No more ugly bright blue color :lol:

Been busy with school so haven't given the subi much time. I am thinking about putting 5" lights beside the license plate sorta how the gt-b bumper is set up, since I cant afford it ill make mine look like it.I want something that is mounted from the back kind of like these ones

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Optilux/WebSite/AuxiliaryLights/DrivingLamps/Model_1300/Model_1300.jsp

Just 5" diameter. Anyone know of a reasonable, $50 or less, set of lights similar to the optilux 1300?

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/1738412055.html

I might be buying this car! 25k less miles and a 5spd. I will be taking my grill, leather seats and door cards out oh my current gt and switching them. I will do the red LED's again also.

If they aren't I will only offer 2k and do them myself. They are easy haha and only cost $250 to do all of the work. The guy said everything was maintained at the dealer and he has all of the records. My dad is going to look at it this weekend sometime.

Haha I don't know what I am going to do with it yet. My brother my get it or it might get sold. If I sell it I will fix the oil leaks and sunroof, other than that and the body it is awesome condition. kbb says its worth 4500 and edmonds says 3900, so we will have to wait and see.

So headgaskets haven't been done but all of this has,

April '07: Timing Belt @ 95,221k

Dec. '07: New Clutch @ 107,308k

Feb. '08: Spark plugs & repaired shifter @ 111,186k

April. '08: New tires

July '09: Front Brakes

December '09: Radiator

Thermostat

Alternator

Battery

It has a bad dent in the rear passenger door and a small dent in the driver side fender right above the wheel. Also is missing the center cap on the front passenger side wheel. They are asking $3500, kbb is $3195 in good condition, edmonds says $2321 and nada says $3600. I think I will offer $2600-3000.

So that car was more than trashed and the owner used a little rattle can to cover up something (rust?). Still keeping my eyes open for a white 5sp 2nd gen though.

Until then will these fit our cars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Universal-Side-MArker-Subaru-Impreza-Legacy-WRX-SVX-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5637cea84fQQitemZ370303477839QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

How much work is the wiring? I would thing just tap into the turn signals and run the wire.

Archived