LegacyGT.com

"saves weight"

I love reading these forums now. It's just stupid now. Got the seasoned vets in here making a scene. Honestly just because you are older doesn't mean you know more in a certain area then someone that is younger then you.

Riced out their cars? Well shit that goes for about 95% of the hondeads here in Oregon. I have never heard or seen a "riced" legacy. I mean really some people do some things to their cars and don't even use them to their advantage. We got guys with light bars out their ass here and I bet you only take it off road once a year.

You are going for a look, it fits YOUR needs. No one made it through life doing things the same way as everyone else. But everyone does have their own opinion. Like the guy who had the 600WHP Honda. I don't give a shit how much wheel horse power your V-tec piece of shit puts out. It sounds like shit and they rattle like shit.

I think you should improve your spelling and grammar instead of gutting your car.

Lol.

^Half serious comment.

yes.. i really rally really really really suck at spelling.. ever sense the 6 grade when they stopped teaching it. ha.. i also just have slop typeing.. thats what i get for growing up with spell check. damn bill gates

i also mumble and have a lisp i think. but i cant hear it... i gotta work on opening my mouth wider when i talk.

i also studder a little. but only when i think about what im im going to say.

ok i gotta do homework now.. do you guys wanna add to this thread or not?

next parts ill buy are lighter revolving parts. you save more weight per pounds then non revolving parts. or something like that

thats not rice. rice it stupidly loud fart cans. automatic even. useless wings and external lights and white paints dashes. stupid kids

See amp27's avatar.

Ever notice how much the oil drain pan weighs with the old oil in it after you change your oil? Has to be at least a pound of extra weight that you're just carrying around in your engine. Come to think of it, there are also fluids in your tranny, radiator, diff, washer reservoir, brake and clutch master cylinders, etc. I bet you could save at least ten pounds if you drain them all.

See amp27's avatar.

Ever notice how much the oil drain pan weighs with the old oil in it after you change your oil? Has to be at least a pound of extra weight that you're just carrying around in your engine. Come to think of it, there are also fluids in your tranny, radiator, diff, washer reservoir, brake and clutch master cylinders, etc. I bet you could save at least ten pounds if you drain them all.

Now this is what I mean. Older men coming in here acting like 10 year olds. A back seat isn't needed....Fluids are. Way to have that go WAAAAAY over your head. This is just a guy I would love to know. What a champion!

I say lets all just move over to NASIOC and forget that these forums were once something civil. Yeah, lets go be those guys!

i would probably add to the value of the car for resale but thats just my opinion

by a cold air intake or a sick sounding exhaust

but i guess your car feels more like a race car with no seats and a slightly lighter ride

might not get stuck but tire pops and your screwed

Now this is what I mean. Older men coming in here acting like 10 year olds. A back seat isn't needed....Fluids are. Way to have that go WAAAAAY over your head. This is just a guy I would love to know. What a champion!

I say lets all just move over to NASIOC and forget that these forums were once something civil. Yeah, lets go be those guys!

I'm 25. How old are you?

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, until I saw the blatant contradiction in the OP's post that I quoted. I mean come on, if you're trying to describe something to prove that your car isn't in that category, don't use examples that put your car in that category!

And I thought my post was sarcastic enough that people would read it, maybe chuckle and move on. But sorry for the confusion, I'll try to make it more obvious next time.

i would probably add to the value of the car for resale but thats just my opinion

by a cold air intake or a sick sounding exhaust

but i guess your car feels more like a race car with no seats and a slightly lighter ride

might not get stuck but tire pops and your screwed

Wait a second... are you bassnectar as in the musician? Dude, I listen to your stuff all day :wub:

Anyway, Amp you might want to ask yourself why you're removing all this weight, because thats what I'm doing while reading this thread. The only reason you do something like this is to be more competitive in stage rally or rallyx (assuming you want to be using this as a rally car), as it does indeed make the car more agile and better at literally everything with less weight to lug around. Are you competing though? Unless you're competing I really don't see the point in sacrificing daily driveability just for literally a couple seconds... just my point of view. Something to keep in mind: even with all these mods, a more experienced driver with a completely unmodified car could walk you. Modify your driving first, as it's the most effective way of going faster by a huge margin.

Before everyone gets on me for shitting on his parade... you're enthusiastic, which is great. It really is. I don't think a lot of the more mature guys value that, but I do. I think it's great that you're devoting a lot of time to your car and doing all this stuff. However, the reason a lot of people will make fun of what you do to your car, calling it rice and whatnot, is because from what I've seen so far you haven't done any useful mods. Nothing that really makes any sense. Lightening the car to make yourself faster through a race course is one thing... lightening the car just so it's lighter is completely another. Think about what you want to do with the car/your driving and then go do it. If you want to rally, go find a rallyx or TSD rally. If you want to do road racing, try out some autoxing or HPDE's. After doing that you will quickly discover what mods you will need/want, the first of which is always that big nut behind the wheel.:lol:

Do what you want, I'm by no means gonna stop you. I just ask you consider what you could be doing with your time, versus what you are doing with it. Best of luck man.

Also, I have to say something about the comments about losing weight and not gaining speed... what the hell. Seriously? Ever heard of a thing called power to weight? My friend stripped his E36 M3 and went from low 14's to mid-12's in the quarter mile... that's with stock engine and drivetrain components, nothing else. Power to weight is everything, whether it's rally, straight-line performance, or track.

I'm 25. How old are you?

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, until I saw the blatant contradiction in the OP's post that I quoted. I mean come on, if you're trying to describe something to prove that your car isn't in that category, don't use examples that put your car in that category!

And I thought my post was sarcastic enough that people would read it, maybe chuckle and move on. But sorry for the confusion, I'll try to make it more obvious next time.

I'm 21. Thanks for asking.

im 18 lol

im not bassnectar but i love there stuff aswell!

in contrast to what amps going for,

I got my fastest in my car 100mph (could of pushed it but didnt want to)

with the most weight in my car(280lb friend, and 2 regular buddies in the back haha, but its only because i was going down a huge long hill!

in that case the weight helped me rip through 5th gear

I think that amp should get into rally racing, either that or start bringing the car back, you can always reassemble the seats and still make it lighter than stock, although hes in a different state of mind than all of us where he can do whatever he wants to the car and if something major breaks its probably toast

I could never think of selling my car, but I definately dont want to necessarily be stuck with it thats while i wont do anything to hurt it aesthetically like ripping seats and rear interior out

and i think amp got his ride pretty cheap and did some work on it

vs i paid a pretty penny (to me) for mine (im 18 and working at bestbuy ;s)

Man, amp27 would probably crap his pants if he rode in one of my cars! :lol:

I have a 120+ lb toolbox in my Pathfinder right now. When I was driving the Legacy I kept the same amount of tools in the trunk, except I had 2 toolboxes and another crappy steel lockbox full of spare fluids (Brake fluid, transmission fluid, PS fluid, oil, ect). No trash though, I can't stand vehicular clutter or a disorganized, messy interior.

I always say its better to have something and not need it, than need something and not have it. Its for this reason that the only time I've called for a tow truck in the last 4 years was because it was raining out and I didn't want to change a tie rod end in the rain. I was ready, willing, and prepared to do it in a parking lot, but the rain messed me all up. I even got a ride to the parts store to get the replacement tie rod end.

I've got so much dead weight in tools that its almost silly, but I can do most any kind of repair in east cupcake as I can at home. I have so many tools with me wherever I go that when I work on my Pathfinder at home all I do is open the hatch, unstrap my toolbox and get wrenching. I even keep my impact wrench and air ratchet with me at all times if I need to repair my car with the air compressor at work (Boge screw compressor W/2,300 gallon air tank). When I'm at home I just drag my air hose outside and get working. I still muster up 16.2 - 17 MPG too (Figured that out the other day).

Still, to each his own but driving a gutted car....

Not my style. It probably doesn't make him much faster... Maybe a couple tenths in the 1/4 mile.

And it doesn't make his car last longer... That much weight reduction won't affect longevity or durability. At most he might get an extra 1,000 miles out of his struts or 5,000 miles out of his tires.

But it probably saves him a decent amount of fuel. If he drove his car nice as it is now for 1 week, put all the weight back in, filled the tank, and went back out for another week of nice easy driving he'd probably notice about a 2MPG difference with no weight than with a fully assembled car. The weight he put into the car (Or is planning to put in ther car) will probably compensate and give him equal mileage as he would get on a fully assembled car.

ok well the i guess it did all starts about when i started gutting the out side for body work. i wanna get the rust fixed seal and covered. and i guess as my plans for my car. strength. durability. for trials. i figure this to, if it wanna beef my car up..it will be more likely to last longer(like 50 years) haha have you guys ever thought about what these cars will be seen as in 50 years? i wonder and thats why i dont sell.

you guys also act like i cant put this stuff back it.... everything was taking out the same way Subaru put it in. and plus i have fixed some things too.. rattles, shorts, very deep clean, and prepping a door for body work. and the rear quarters. ill take pics maybe

and i soon as i can figure out this dodge shadow. 93. that can be my daily. and then i will completely tear into this car.

ha and i to have about 20 pounds of tools sitting is the spare well. very loud when they move around

Archived