LegacyGT.com

"saves weight"

EDIT: that title should say "SAVES WEIGHT" but the filters edited it

Just thought to add a thread about this topic. i have always monkeyed with things to save even an gram of weight.

WHY you ask? well just 2 days ago i washed my car. and i seriously could feel the difference.. (well i did have about 50 pounds of dirt on and in my car from going down THAT, yes THAT road and tipped my car kinda on its side in alot of mud,, yes whatever you caught me, i got stuck. it was so bad the steering wheel would vibrate cause of all the mud in the wheels)

when my dad got home he was so pissed cause he had just cleaned the driveway that morning. :lol::lol::lol: whoops

so list out anything that you know saves weight and not just the stupid things like "o, if you drill holes all over your car you can save weight, o i think i do that tonight, thanks Johny,,, 4 hours later. SHIT!!, whats all this green stuff!!!"

also list the pro and cons of each thing you would do. pros being save weight and cons being the function loss

my current list is....

interior, con.. no seats for back seat moments but who needs that.

trunk is stripped

wing is off

trim and headliner.. gone.

right mirror(left mirror for RHD)

carpet

fogs

random useless wires that have nothing to do with the engine.

rear speakers and wires..

(basically the rear looks like metal)

sound dampening material(con is a load ride(O REALLY!!) and you have to kinda yell while talking)

belt gaurds(watch your fingers)

door trim.

rear windows no longer can move up or down..(CON: rear windows down go down)

ash tray

cd deck(i have a cd deck in my After market deck)

antenna

weight added:

strut tower brace

my 185 pound humane male body

Gasoline(never over a half tank)

and very soon i well be fixing some rust.

light bar from here(whos that guy??)

and some driving lights. jdm projectors cause the less i see the better chance ill hit a deer.

WHY ALL THIS YOU ASK?? SAVES WEIGHT! FTW

thing i wanna do are abs.(abs is useless in dirt for me)

spare tire and took kit, dash trim

are you joking. of course the spare and that car gone. i even took out the extra metal the bolted on for the jack.

and the dash trim.. have not touched yet.

personally i like the bare bones look.. and as for the sound haha i got a nice loud set of speakers in the front..

don't tell me this is your dd. i would HATE driving around in a gutted car. being embarrassed aside. and what'd all that save? 100lbs?

100lbs... you gotta problem with that??? hmmm!! i give rides with people to school and i noticed the weight difference..

every ounce counts.

lol i could careless about saving weight, just happy to have the power i have, better than a honda XD

true that.. your power goes farther with less load. if you car sucks away from your block hp why not do something about.

notice all my "mods" (haha not really mods) costly no money. so i cant weight till i buy real weight mods

true that.. your power goes farther with less load. if you car sucks away from your block hp why not do something about.

notice all my "mods" (haha not really mods) costly no money. so i cant weight till i buy real weight mods

well i done what i can, cold air intake, borla headers, complete straight pipe with a nice 4 inch tip, stage 2 clutch and a light weight flywheel :wub: im happy ^_^ next step is the paint job, selling my last snake to be able to buy the primer, then someone is planning to buy the subbie rims so i can get the paint after, i decided to paint it silver cuz of the fact i dont wanna spray the door jams and engine bay since its already sliver THEN TURBOOOOOOO xD btw is there a thread about what you need for a DYI turbo set up., i seen a wrx turbo for $300 on ebay >.>

lol i could careless about saving weight, just happy to have the power i have, better than a honda XD

Have you ever raced a Honda in your legacy?

if you have then you know that that little SOHC 1.6 with 105-127hp is gonna rape your 160hp 2.5

Trust me I got both. I just sold my Honda civic 600hp to the wheels. And as far as my Legacy goes I've completely rebuilt the engine for more power and is still USELESS for any type of racing other then Rally Cross, ICE racing, and you can do alright in auto cross.

Don't get me wrong I love my Subaru but a stock EJ25 non turbo has NO balls.

Have you ever raced a Honda in your legacy?

if you have then you know that that little SOHC 1.6 with 105-127hp is gonna rape your 160hp 2.5

Trust me I got both. I just sold my Honda civic 600hp to the wheels. And as far as my Legacy goes I've completely rebuilt the engine for more power and is still USELESS for any type of racing other then Rally Cross, ICE racing, and you can do alright in auto cross.

Don't get me wrong I love my Subaru but a stock EJ25 non turbo has NO balls.

sorry 168hp XD i have an 05 2.5 lol but yeah i have raced afew hondas, wasnt worth it tho lol no one around me has theirs modded

mine isnt completely stock tho ^_^

EDIT: that title should say "SAVES WEIGHT" but the filters edited it

Just thought to add a thread about this topic. i have always monkeyed with things to save even an gram of weight.

WHY you ask? well just 2 days ago i washed my car. and i seriously could feel the difference.. (well i did have about 50 pounds of dirt on and in my car from going down THAT, yes THAT road and tipped my car kinda on its side in alot of mud,, yes whatever you caught me, i got stuck. it was so bad the steering wheel would vibrate cause of all the mud in the wheels)

when my dad got home he was so pissed cause he had just cleaned the driveway that morning. :lol::lol::lol: whoops

so list out anything that you know saves weight and not just the stupid things like "o, if you drill holes all over your car you can save weight, o i think i do that tonight, thanks Johny,,, 4 hours later. SHIT!!, whats all this green stuff!!!"

also list the pro and cons of each thing you would do. pros being save weight and cons being the function loss

my current list is....

interior, con.. no seats for back seat moments but who needs that.

trunk is stripped

wing is off

trim and headliner.. gone.

right mirror(left mirror for RHD)

carpet

fogs

random useless wires that have nothing to do with the engine.

rear speakers and wires..

(basically the rear looks like metal)

sound dampening material(con is a load ride(O REALLY!!) and you have to kinda yell while talking)

belt gaurds(watch your fingers)

door trim.

rear windows no longer can move up or down..(CON: rear windows down go down)

ash tray

cd deck(i have a cd deck in my After market deck)

antenna

weight added:

strut tower brace

my 185 pound humane male body

Gasoline(never over a half tank)

and very soon i well be fixing some rust.

light bar from here(whos that guy??)

and some driving lights. jdm projectors cause the less i see the better chance ill hit a deer.

WHY ALL THIS YOU ASK?? SAVES WEIGHT! FTW

thing i wanna do are abs.(abs is useless in dirt for me)

WOW, do you believe that anything in the Fast and the Furious is realistic? I'm guessing you do

Grams, onces are you serious?????

You could strip everything and I mean everything out of that car that is not necessary for you to drive the car, (just the driver seat, not radio, no speakers, no carpet, no dash, nothing) and that wouldn't change your 1/4 mile time at all. If you were to do all that along with replacing all of the metal body parts with fiberglass or carbon fiber even then you might shave .5 seconds off your time if that. Certainly nothing noticeable.

Oh and the back seat, I'm guessing you don't date much do ya? lol my back seat has almost as many miles on it as the whole car. So you might wanna hang onto that one.

Strut tower brace, did you do front and back or just the front?

ABS ummmmmmm yea in the dirt,snow,ice is when that ABS really comes in handy, so if you'd like to not wreck your car don't take it out.

I sure hope you don't plan on ever selling this car, because no one will want it all stripped like that.

How old are you, 16?

...You could strip everything and I mean everything out of that car that is not necessary for you to drive the car, (just the driver seat, not radio, no speakers, no carpet, no dash, nothing) and that wouldn't change your 1/4 mile time at all. If you were to do all that along with replacing all of the metal body parts with fiberglass or carbon fiber even then you might shave .5 seconds off your time if that. Certainly nothing noticeable.

^My suggestion is not to concern yourself with Subidude24. If he were actually right, .5 seconds for stripping your car is cheap in an all motor world.

Do your thing but keep stripping. Lose that dash and toss a few gauges in. If you can ditch the HVAC system too thats in-car heater core is probably a few lbs too.

Obviously resale value is NOT a concern to this guy.

".5 seconds off your time" "certainly nothing noticeable"

Subidude24 half a second is a LOOOOONG time.

I'M NOT BEING A SMARTASS (I did this to several Honda once upon a time)

^My suggestion is not to concern yourself with Subidude24. If he were actually right, .5 seconds for stripping your car is cheap in an all motor world.

Do your thing but keep stripping. Lose that dash and toss a few gauges in. If you can ditch the HVAC system too thats in-car heater core is probably a few lbs too.

Obviously resale value is NOT a concern to this guy.

".5 seconds off your time" "certainly nothing noticeable"

Subidude24 half a second is a LOOOOONG time.

I'M NOT BEING A SMARTASS (I did this to several Honda once upon a time)

if your car is running 16 sec 1/4mile and you make your car look like crap and no longer able to carry passengers just to get 15.5sec 1/4 mile does that really sound worth it?

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, just trying to be real with this kid, before he destroys his car and waste his time for nothing.

if your car is running 16 sec 1/4mile and you make your car look like crap and no longer able to carry passengers just to get 15.5sec 1/4 mile does that really sound worth it?

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, just trying to be real with this kid, before he destroys his car and waste his time for nothing.

^Agreed that it will not make it a "fast" car. Agreed that it would be a waste of time if he thinks it will be a competition car.

All kinds of CRAZY things show up to the street-legal drags here in SoCal. A gutted all-motor Legacy running 15s would not be that strange...

But yeah, HIDEOUS.

EDIT: I admit that I when I was stripping all-motor honda I thought having a streetable car running mid-high 13s was uber fast - that was 15 years ago... And 13s is nothing when you watch G8s pull high 12s all day long silently and comfortably.

the whole 15s or 16 sec is not why i stripped it.. less weight over all is easier on the car and to some extent better handling..

and i do not plan to sell it.. it stays in my garage until its TBR.

i also learn more about my car. and everything can go back it.(kinda)

it only takes one spark to start a new idea. just messing with things i something think of great things. most the time they have already been invented or are beyond my limits as a 16 year old.

plus. i like this look. bare bone.. and the cargo space is much bigger.

and as for passengers.. i can seat 4 people in the summer and 2 in the winter

in the winter my friends asses get froze from sitting on the chassis.

it would not be worth it to sell the car. got it for 500 with 210xxx. and motor has around 50

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, just trying to be real with this kid, before he destroys his car and waste his time for nothing/QUOTE]

waste my time. i dont think so.

you know what my friends do..

send they cars to shops to get fixed

sit on their ass and snack and wacth tv

play video games

dont do their homework

average C's at the most

and plan out lazy.

now i will admitt i spend alot of time on my ass on my computer(that i built with knowledge learned online 3 years ago). but i go on facebook book maybe 3 times a year to decline things. i spend my time looking things up the peak my interest and learn about them. just 2 weeks ago i knew nothing about paint. and holy shit i know like half the info of the info i can learn online now, but enough to relate to a dude at napa.

my time is the opposite of waste for a 16 year old.

and as for the back seat.. IM 16!! wtf. how come it seems that thats the only thing that matters. the moment i told my bro i had gotta a car he asked about the size of the back seat. a joke but still.. i bring up a girl while chatting with friends and the first they ask is always "did you **** her?" NO.....

plus im annoyed with thats race of humans. at this age they are best left alone. to complex to date.

everyone rices out their first car.. who cares?

even i did it..

thank god the engine seized on me..

(probably cuz i didn't strip everything out of it, the engine worked too hard haha)

yea the engine was working to hard.. shoulda had a V8(the drink haha)

Archived