LegacyGT.com

2nd Gen Light Bar Complete!

Just finished the first light bar for the 2nd gen legacys

if you havent seen them yet (these are for reference):

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/100_0144.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/DSCN2377.jpg

i've changed the design a bit based on that ive encountered through having this one installed..

1. the thickness of the bar has been brought to 1.25", i doubt the grill will need to be trimmed though this is not confirmed

(originally 1.75" from ralliTEK, 1" in Lincolnlock's bar)

2. the mounting brackets are welded to the bar itself, the bolt on of the bar to the bracket caused a lot of movement of the bar itself during driving on imperfect roads and conditions

3. the brackets are a small bit wider where they are secured to the bumper beam, this is a much sturdier version of the bar and im tempted to keep one for myself, ha

the cost will be $120 shipped +3% or whatever the paypal fee is

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^i can pull off around 5 bars/day if i kept at it

im not sure weather to be offended by the price bash or not.. its only $20 more shipped, than the bar i bought.. and this uses more material and is precision engineered. plasma cut light tabs, etc... and this price gets me a very minimal profit (maybe $3/bar if any at all) by making it $120 shipped.. if it was $100 +shipping, you'd be paying more than 120 most likely due to weight and odd shape..

i've looked up a bunch of different price/shipping combos and this one sets me closest to breaking even..

have you made anything that works for the 4th gen legacy's yet? I've been considering putting a light bar on but haven't found one that looks good aesthetically yet.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

i'd like a list of any who wants one, i'll make them as people want them, it takes a day for the shop to make..i have one finished at the shop

1. SI01

Check your PMs man!

have you made anything that works for the 4th gen legacy's yet? I've been considering putting a light bar on but haven't found one that looks good aesthetically yet.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

not yet, but what are you thinking of a good- looking design?

I live on some back roads that aren't lit. I've been considering putting in some driving lights on top of the HIDS i just put in. I want more light. considering just mounting them like the ones shown in your pic down low.

however if I had something sleek looking I might consider up top in front of the grill.

Archived