LegacyGT.com

Questions about Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 (and other questions....)

RuhRoh

I have the Hankooks on my WRX. Very nice ride, grip is good, not loud at all .Great grip but not as much as my friends Star Specs. They replaced Toyo t1R's which wore out pretty fast and got noisy. general UHP's on my Leggy. Very good tire after 10K on them. At first they were mushy and greasy. They have lasted the longest of any performance type tire I have had. I have to run them at 40 Psi due to the soft sidewalls (run them 40/38). Likely try Conti's next but I do like the Hankooks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i've had the hankooks for around 7-8000 miles, and had them rotated at 6000. i would not recommend rotating them this late, as i'm getting extremely bad road noise after the rotation. other than the noise, they're great. i'll probably be switching them out for something else though... probably continental extreme contact dws... hopefully it'll be a quieter ride.

I have been very happy with the hankooks. The only other summer tire I've had were the General Exclaim UHP's. I feel that the Hankooks are better. The grip and noise is very similar (high grip/low noise). The cornering on the hankooks is light years better with less sidewall flex. The hankooks are also more comfortable than the General's were. I would recommend them. They seem to be a more comfort oriented performance tire, which is exactly what I wanted.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Mega Users
damn what a great thread. hanooks are next for this guy. cheap with good reviews. my tires are very loud and low right now. the noise is pissing me off. im gonna check to make sure its not the wheel bearing. and as for any tire I put on in the future, they are going to be rotated every 3,000mi.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Road noise is a lot quieter than my stock crapstones and my winter tires (Hankook W409 iPike)... but dont use my judgement to sway yours on road noise since my old tire was a piece of shit to begin with LOL (Bridgestone EL400), not to mention the 5th gen has less road noise to begin with as well due to the framed windows... which is the only good part about them.

Ratings and reviews seem to say that these are generally quiet tires vs other UHP Summer tires as well...

But TBH with you, road noise is a small thing to deal with once you get a feel of how much grip these things have for the low price!

Been impressed with the grip of these tires. Had a track day last weekend and my brother in a WRX with these kept up with me . They are however wearing out much quicker than the street tires I run which are the Gen UHP's .

Placed a special order on these in 215/45/17 (stock wheels) a couple days ago at my local shop (General UHPs are out of stock and discontinued :( ). I should have them in and mounted hopefully by next week. The DWS I have on now will go back on around October/November.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

• Mega Users
There is a 60 dollar mail in rebate for the Hankook V12s as we speak (gotta buy 4). good until june 30th. I ordered mine through town fair tire for 115 a piece, came out to $620 with mount, balance, and 4 wheel computer alignment. You can get them for a lot cheaper through tire rack but it came out to the same after you brought them to a shop to get put on. Plus the 60 bucks back on an AMEX for the rebate is good for one fill up of premium where I come from!

• 1 month later...
Great tires, my brother has them on a WRX (my ex ride). Tried it on the autocross course this weekend and can say they did great (for street tires) The course was wet for the first couple of runs . only small issue is wear rate which is normal on a sticky tire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Mega Users
i heard someone say in a previous thread that you need to rotate them like every 3000 miles or so because they are a directional tire. Ive heard various ways to rotate these kind of tires. I first rotated diagonally, then I rotated front to back (or vise versa) on the same side. The wear looks perfectly fine, however I only have about 7000 miles on them so far

• 4 weeks later...

i was totally shocked how well the Hankook v12 tires are for the price. If you want great tires, you can splurge on Bridgestones re-11 or advan neovas, but the ride quality and stickiness of the Hankooks and the $60 rebate id worth its price.

Braking distance and overall grip is much better than the Kumho tires ihad. Only problem for me is that they don't look as wide as other tires in the same size.

Archived