LegacyGT.com

My turbo is running fine

'05 LGT wagon, new turbo since 89K(wrrty.cvd!), AP Stg1 since 89.1K, dino-syn blend since 91.5k. Waiting on ERZ CDP GB; then an UP for Stg Dos...still pulls strong, but need a rock thru the windshield (for replacement) to augment visibility...ABS reinforces h'wy close-contact resulting in front-end silico-delamination of paint and w'shield pitting...

sorry for das ramblingz...

Man, when you read threads like this sometimes you realize just how much you drive...

08 LGT, 40.5k miles, engine and trans running just fine. Oil changed every 3500 miles or so with whatever synthetic I have on hand.

Problems with the car have been limited to:

1 burnt out brake light bulb

Corrosion on all four wheels growing out from the center cap (Subaru is looking into this)

TOB whine sometimes (came up around 20k, got really bad sometimes, and now seems to happen less often in the last 2-3k).

:)

Man, when you read threads like this sometimes you realize just how much you drive...

08 LGT, 40.5k miles, engine and trans running just fine. Oil changed every 3500 miles or so with whatever synthetic I have on hand.

Problems with the car have been limited to:

1 burnt out brake light bulb

Corrosion on all four wheels growing out from the center cap (Subaru is looking into this)

TOB whine sometimes (came up around 20k, got really bad sometimes, and now seems to happen less often in the last 2-3k).

:)

Mine 08 has 76k miles :p

Edit: I replaced both front struts due to potholes..

Some of you guy's really need to get out and drive your car more.

05GT Wagon 123,000 miles been at stage 1 93 Octane since Dec 04 at about 8000 miles. I use whatever dino oil is on sale at Walmart and Fram filters. Change oil between 3000 and somewhere just over 5000 miles depending on the outsied air temp. If it's to cold I'll go longer. I also drive more highway miles in the winter time. Car see's redline (7300) a few times a week if not more. Still have the banjo filter that Subaru put in there at the factory.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well I'm at 118k miles on my 05'. I drive the thing like I stole it most of the time because the dealer gave me a 36k warranty on it when I bought it at 108K... Change the oil every 3k, recently checked the banjo to see how it was and it had been removed already. I'm hoping that I can blow this thing before the warrany runs out but it is looking like if you take care of business these things are tough to break... Note: the turbo was replaced at 47k meaning that there is only 71k on it.. still damn good!

78K on my '05 GT 5EAT, bought at 48K and no problems to report. Original turbo as far as I know. Changed Banjo bolt filter at 71K (about) and it was spotless. Since I've owned it oil changes every 3500-4000 with a variety of synthetics. Most commonly and currently GC 0W-30. Tranny drain and fill every 10-15K. Sees red-line once or twice a week maybe, mostly boring daily driving around town. :rolleyes:

2005 with 33,000 miles. Stock. However with all my time on this forum I don't trust my turbo any father than I can throw a 55 gallon drum of Mobil-1.

May be you should stop wasting your money buying Mobil 1 and do what do...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
Rolled 80K miles just yesterday. Literally the only mechanical problem I've ever had with this car was a speed sensor that died. Other than that, she's been Stage 1 at 38K miles/July 2007 and Stage 2 since 56K miles/June 2008

off topic....no doom and gloom in this thread!:lol:

{gets on Soap box}

Yeah sorry about that. I was getting sick and tired of new members who know nothing about Subaru's posting questions like "I see all these threads about blown turbos....should I be afraid to buy a Legacy GT?"

WTF? Do some research and due diligence. What you read here is a skewed representation of the total number of turbo charged Subaru owners.

{Gets off Soap box}

Carry on....

48k miles on my 2006 5EAT and the stock turbo is still going strong. Stage 2 running 18.75 psi with Perrin TMIC. No issues...yet...but I'm researching turbo upgrade options. :lol: I don't expect the stocker to last forever. I change my oil every 3,000 miles.
...Support your LGT community...

Original owner.....52k miles.......change dino liquid every 3K.......original 5 arc turbo still going strong!

(to the subie brothers that change their oil at intervals longer than 4000 miles------why? Our turbos cook oil much faster than NA engines....a fresh oil change is the cheapest insurance policy ! )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived