LegacyGT.com

Deciding on sway bars....

Dusty B

Call Joey at Progress they have very nice stuff. http://www.progressauto.com/contact.us

You can tell him the guy with the yellow drag racing civic on the home page sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...
Not to hi-jack the thread but... I think I want to go to a 20mm JDM RSB. Anyone have one?
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 2 weeks later...
Not to hi-jack the thread but... I think I want to go to a 20mm JDM RSB. Anyone have one?
AJW Perform... still have some on their shelves...gud luck on the install ...

de Ray.

I think it's just better to spend that money on the shocks.. too much bar will cause the inside tire to lift up because the opposite side shock will be under full compression and the spring will also be not stiff enough to keep the bar affective.. if you go too big, it'll show and you'll probably end up giving up overall grip.. better start becoming the smoothest driver out there to make it work.
Keefe

I think it's just better to spend that money on the shocks.. too much bar will cause the inside tire to lift up because the opposite side shock will be under full compression and the spring will also be not stiff enough to keep the bar affective.. if you go too big, it'll show and you'll probably end up giving up overall grip.. better start becoming the smoothest driver out there to make it work.

Based on what you said, would the average driver be better off with a milder sway such as the JDM 20mm hollow bar? I was planning to go with the Rallitek 22mm/19mm solid bars.

Mmm... one would be able to "learn" how to use the different size of sway bar given the proper amount of time. My last car I chaned the rear from a 13mm to a 22mm. It was easy to adjust my driving habits for the new bar, plus it was fun to learn how to drive the car again.

So to answer your question again its based on how you can learn to drive... I will be going with a 20mm or 21mm when I change out the RSB. The front I am going to upgrade the bush'n to poly and not change the size.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived