LegacyGT.com

Deciding on sway bars....

Dusty B

Alright... Been doing research to decide on sway bars for my 05 lgt wagon. At the moment I'm running no suspension modifications save for COBB sport springs. The springs will be getting swapped out for coilovers most likely in the early summer time.

On here, I've read of different people with sway bars and exhaust combinations having different problems with the bar clunking on the exhaust and on rear control arms.... I am also running a custom one-off single exhaust conversion, that is tucked higher under the body than the stock exhaust, to give me more ground clearance since I was planning on going lower.

If anyone would like to post thier setup, thier impression of the modifications they're using, along with the type of exhaust they're running, any problems they've had, and the fix they used if any, that would be GREATLY appreciated. Perhaps we can get a master list going so others may be able to follow a formula without running into issues down the road.

My initial thoughts were I wanted to go with the perrin 25mm front and 22mm rear, but perhaps this will be a little more than is needed for the street? I then found the rallitek package, and was unable to find a user on here with the swaybars or a good review of them. I found the package here on subimods website : http://www.subimods.com/rallitek-sway-bar-kit-legacy-outback-turbo-2005-2009.html?sitenameid=c985c3c37e8a70caa8828fbee04f78c6 , they seem like a good deal, but I'm always afraid of the "you get what you pay for" saying. I've spent good money on good mods up to this point, and I won't deviate from that if that's where research and reviews point me to.

Thanks to anyone that read through this post!

Check out the Swifts:

http://www.mann-engineering.com/products/product.asp?cid=15&ID=84

They don't seem to be the most popular here, but they are a very well-engineered product that strikes a nice balance between roll reduction and ride comfort.

I was using them with the iON springs, but ended up selling them to help finance my KW Coilovers. Unclemat - one of our resident suspension experts - is running them now; perhaps he'll chime in here.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Yes, Swift are the best sways available for Legacy, strangely unpopular. Maybe it's the price.

Other good option are Cusco.

Check out the Swifts:

http://www.mann-engineering.com/products/product.asp?cid=15&ID=84

They don't seem to be the most popular here, but they are a very well-engineered product that strikes a nice balance between roll reduction and ride comfort.

I was using them with the iON springs, but ended up selling them to help finance my KW Coilovers. Unclemat - one of our resident suspension experts - is running them now; perhaps he'll chime in here.

Btw, Swift front bar is the only one I am aware of (except stock of course) that does not block access to engine mount bolts. Somewhat important for me given the frequence of engine pulls I do :lol:

Btw, Swift front bar is the only one I am aware of (except stock of course) that does not block access to engine mount bolts. Somewhat important for me given the frequence of engine pulls I do :lol:

This is another fact I was unaware of, but happy to know now. Thanks!

i have 22mm perrins front and rear w/ rallitek hd endlinks. they've been on the car for a few months now and i am very happy with their fitment and performance. installation was quick and easy, and on the road the car feels much more stable. the body roll is almost completely gone and the overall ride is much tighter. i recently istalled the invidia cbe and had not fitment issues in regard to the bars. i highly reccomend beefy endlinks due to the low durability of the stockers. i believe any model previous to the 08's nead rear reinforcemnt brackets for the perrins and maybe a few other brand sways. ithink 25mm bas would have been overkill and was advised from members here to only use 25mm for track use. hope i helped.

I've got Whiteline Adjustable F+R (22,20mm) with Kartboy endlinks, Cobb springs. Also have Magnaflow CBE with Vibrant 3x12" Resonator in midpipe. Love the setup - no clanking/rubbing. I'm doing Koni strut inserts when I go to my summer set up in the next 2-3 weeks.

I work in Norwich if you want to eyeball the setup.

Also upgraded the front brokes to DBA 4000 slotted rotors

If you read the suspension sticky, the braces and other tweaks seem to have small bang for buck and a lot of quid pro quo's

Any other suspension or exhaust mods?

I've got Whiteline Adjustable F+R (22,20mm) with Kartboy endlinks, Cobb springs. Also have Magnaflow CBE with Vibrant 3x12" Resonator in midpipe. Love the setup - no clanking/rubbing. I'm doing Koni strut inserts when I go to my summer set up in the next 2-3 weeks.

I work in Norwich if you want to eyeball the setup.

That's very cool of you to offer. I also work in norwich right by mohegan sun on rt32. Live in lisbon if you wanna meet up sometime. Not too many leggy guys to chill with in this area :lol:

That's very cool of you to offer. I also work in norwich right by mohegan sun on rt32. Live in lisbon if you wanna meet up sometime. Not too many leggy guys to chill with in this area :lol:

Sounds good to me. I should be free next friday or sat during the day if you're not working

I have progress bars (another less popular but very high quaility bar). Magnaflow exhaust with no rubbing or clearance problems. Koni's and IONS for strut/spring combo (considering RCE coilovers but pretty happy right now). Going to do endlinks very soon. The setup did very well at an autocross yesterday , got 1rst in my class and close to some very modded STI's in other classes.

spaghetti al dente

^ Actually, it's al-denture. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived