LegacyGT.com

Local wheel straightening shops

JaeGT

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead but I've got a leaky wheel and according to a Subaru dealership it's bent...

I'm assuming those who had their rims repaired at Rim And Wheel Works had no complaints? There are conflicting reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with Wheel Solutions in Allston? They're cheaper and get a few good reviews.

Bringing this thread back from the dead but I've got a leaky wheel and according to a Subaru dealership it's bent...

I'm assuming those who had their rims repaired at Rim And Wheel Works had no complaints? There are conflicting reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with Wheel Solutions in Allston? They're cheaper and get a few good reviews.

my dad had a leaky wheel recently on his jeep. said he took it somewhere and they unmounted the tire, cleaned the rim, put it back on and its not leaking anymore... take that for whatever it's worth...

Corrosion can cause micro leaks along the bead of the tire, so cleaning can be an easy fix for some leaks.

I've used both Rim and Wheel Works and Wheel Solutions, so I can compare. Both are good companies.

Rim and Wheel Works: full service shop, anything you need done can be done there. Refinishing / painting, crack repair, and tire sales (they're major Nokian fans). They do not have a roadforce or laser balancer, and I've had to get my wheels rebalanced elsewhere.

Wheel Solutions: Rob is a great guy and focuses on just wheel straightening, nothing else. He doesn't have a fancy wheel balancer either but the balancing job was done better in my particular case. I had trouble finding his shop entrance the first time I showed up. :)

Corrosion can cause micro leaks along the bead of the tire, so cleaning can be an easy fix for some leaks.

I've used both Rim and Wheel Works and Wheel Solutions, so I can compare. Both are good companies.

Rim and Wheel Works: full service shop, anything you need done can be done there. Refinishing / painting, crack repair, and tire sales (they're major Nokian fans). They do not have a roadforce or laser balancer, and I've had to get my wheels rebalanced elsewhere.

Wheel Solutions: Rob is a great guy and focuses on just wheel straightening, nothing else. He doesn't have a fancy wheel balancer either but the balancing job was done better in my particular case. I had trouble finding his shop entrance the first time I showed up. :)

Experience with both, that's an ideal review right there! :) Thanks!

So they both have generally good reps and know what they're doing. That's what I figured. I'll probably end up going with Wheel Solutions because he's a bit cheaper, unfortunately he's only open when I'm at work (hour drive for me to start).

I'll ask him first to check if it just needs to be cleaned and reseated.

May I ask why you decided to use the other company after the first time needing a repair? Was there something in particular or just trying another place out?

I wanted to see how they compare, and I apparently choose to drive on some tough roads so I felt guilty coming in again after just a few months. :)

I have given Rim and Wheel Works a review on Yelp, but didn't give them five stars because they made a couple mistakes (which they quickly corrected, but required a return trip). Not sure if it's just my luck though.

So far, Rob's repair job seems just as good and his hand balancing seemed to be a little more accurate as well.

Archived