LegacyGT.com

Local wheel straightening shops

JaeGT

Hey all. I was wondering if there were any respectable/credible wheel straightening shops near Worcester, MA? I know there is Rim and Wheel Works in Waltham, MA. If there aren't any near Worcester, I'll just drive out to that one. Thanks in advance.

Jae

I just got two wheels back from Rim and Wheel Works. I asked if there were any regional competitors, though of course they didn't mention any. :)

I did consider Rim Pro in Tewksbury as well. I know they're not any closer to you though.

You will likely need an alignment once they're done.

Rim and Wheel Works does not do alignments FYI

curious, why would i need an alignment when they aren't touching my suspension? i recently had an alignment couple months ago.

curious, why would i need an alignment when they aren't touching my suspension? i recently had an alignment couple months ago.

Because if you have a bent rim, chances are the hit that bent the rim knocked your car out of alignment

No guarantee, but it's a general rule of thumb

My car was a bit out at 29,5xx miles due to potholes

Because if you have a bent rim, chances are the hit that bent the rim knocked your car out of alignment

No guarantee, but it's a general rule of thumb

My car was a bit out at 29,5xx miles due to potholes

ahh. i understand. here's the story. i bought the wheels from someone. they said all wheels were straight and the price was a steal. when i got them mounted/balanced, the guy working said 1 wheel wasnt straight but it would be fine. he put that wheel in the rear. now when i got my tires rotated that small bend was noticeable since my steering wheel vibrates around 65-70mph. im hoping straightening the wheel will stabalize my steering wheel. :spin:

ahh. i understand. here's the story. i bought the wheels from someone. they said all wheels were straight and the price was a steal. when i got them mounted/balanced, the guy working said 1 wheel wasnt straight but it would be fine. he put that wheel in the rear. now when i got my tires rotated that small bend was noticeable since my steering wheel vibrates around 65-70mph. im hoping straightening the wheel will stabalize my steering wheel. :spin:

Ah, that makes sense.

well, that place in Waltham fixed my rim good as new. Cost around 120 or so, much cheaper than the $350+ for a new rim.

Can't complain

Ah, that makes sense.

well, that place in Waltham fixed my rim good as new. Cost around 120 or so, much cheaper than the $350+ for a new rim.

Can't complain

boo. i got quoted $165 to dismount/straighten/mount/balance one 18" wheel. but it still beats purchasing a new wheel and getting that mounted/balanced. maybe the price will go down when i get there *crosses fingers* :redface:

boo. i got quoted $165 to dismount/straighten/mount/balance one 18" wheel. but it still beats purchasing a new wheel and getting that mounted/balanced. maybe the price will go down when i get there *crosses fingers* :redface:

Is this the rims you bought with 1 rim with curb rash? May be move the tires instead of the rim, keep the bad one at back.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af161/bw05subee/stirotapic.jpg

:eek: bigdadi you stalking me on nasioc? :p yes, those are the wheels i bought. dismount/mount tires get expensive... and more chance of ruining the rims themselves.. i'd rather pay to fix it than having to dismount/mount the tires every tire rotation. im going in today *crosses fingers*

can these places fix a slightly cracked rim? i have an old rota with a small crack/dent and its impossible to find a new single rev..thanks

They can fix cracked one also. Go to its website for more info.

AFAIK, they do wheel straightening while you wait. You may want to call them to ask how long it could take to do cracked wheels. I've found that there aren't a ton of places that do alloy wheel straightening, and I'm not aware of any in RI.

so i went there today. family run business. friendly people. fixed one wheel in about 30 mins.

here's the bad news. i still get an annoying vibration at around 65-70mph that can numb my hands. so i can rule out the wheels/tires.... so it's either an alignment or lca bushings... i'd rather go one way than spend money on both.. if it IS the lca bushings, can i just use these http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-2202/Whiteline-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail (im guessing buy 2?) or do i have to get these http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-1796/AVO-Caster-Adjustment-Bushing/Detail? i never track the car and all i want to do is get rid of this vibration (over a stock lca replacement) i gotta figure out how to inspect the lca bushings myself....

sorry my post was half on topic.

This thread is so necessary for me right now. I need to fix a cracked SSR wheel. I'll see if they will do it - the rim shop in MD I talked to said they wouldn't fix cracked wheels because they would crack again in the same spot :(

jae, i'd have that tire mounting/balancing checked. if not properly balanced you will get that vibration. a wheel weight could have fallen off, or the guy just couldnt get it done to begin with.

oops. forgot to update my issue. :redface: it was indeed a balancing issue. went to firestone and got the 2 front wheels/tires rebalanced for $22. better than thinking it was an alignment/lca bushing issue. vibrations gone yay :p rim and wheel works good at straightening/refinishing stuff but i'd prolli get your stuff mounted/balanced elsewhere that has the hunter roadforce machine.

Archived