LegacyGT.com

Subaru releases navigation maps version 4.0

mariojas

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is in and running. REVIEW:

- Graphics are the same. Controls are the same

- Roads HAVE BEEN updated. There is this one road I always used to be driving off road on my NAV, but not anymore.

To me, it was worth it to get updated maps.

Any more info wanted, please PM me.

- Roads HAVE BEEN updated. There is this one road I always used to be driving off road on my NAV, but not anymore.

Thanks for giving us an update.

cheers,

kenzo

actually i'm fine with my old version (i didn't update it since i bough my 09), hoped that display with new version can improve the graphic (at least easier to read, e.g. tomtom) coz some time i'm little bit confused. well, guess i'll need to change the whole HU with nav. thanks RIPjeep2002.

can you browse whats around you by category? ex: list of restaurants near current location?

maybe i dont know how to do it on my version :confused::lol:

i missed that on my garmin

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

For anyone who's having trouble making a backup copy of their discs, I thought I'd share what I did to get the vacation DVD's working :)

1: Download DVD Decrypter

2: Once DVD Decrypter is installed, open it and go to Tools > Create DVD MDS File

3: Click Add and locate the ISO file you have and click open.

4: Hit OK :lol:

5: Now click Mode > ISO > Write

6: New looking window pops up, next to source there's a browse folder with a magnifying glass over it, click it.

7: Select the MDS file you just made and click open.

8: Pop in your DL disc (I used Memorex DVD+R DL(dual layer) discs), change the write speed to 2.4x so it gets a good quality burn. Once it's done your golden! Don't worry about clicking test mode or verify, just leave them unchecked.

My comp took about 30 minutes to burn it, it's pretty old though so some may be faster. Make sure you change the write speed to 2.4x though, you don't wanna rush the burner on a file this big and it'll make it so you don't go through multiple discs and end up with a few dual layer coasters. IIRC the first time I popped it in my nav did a lil update screen and load bar, and once that was done I was good to go. Hope this helps!

Well now you post this, haha.

I have 2 DL coasters, but the 1st was because I burned it incorrectly, the second I burned too quickly, so it worked for a minute in the car, then stopped. I used a different program for the 3rd, which allowed me to change the write speed to the lowest (4x) and I now have a nicely working back-up for my navigation system.

Archived