LegacyGT.com

Codes P0021 and P0011

imboden

Am I fucked or what? Stage 2....

Not having any symptoms although I did baby the drive home after I threw the codes. I'm gonna change my oil and then drive to work (30 mins) and hope it doesn't explode as I have no other options right now. Any chance an extended warranty will honor the carnage Im sure is about to commence?

God I hope it isn't the turbo....I'll keep you guys posted any responses/suggestions/bets would be appreciated...

there is a chance that its just dirty oil control valves. however, its more than likely your first, and short, warning that your turbo is about to go.

I just threw that codes 3 weeks ago and within 48 hrs my turbo was gone. AND, the turbo was only 1 year old

I would strongly recommend against driving it until you find the problem. The fact that it is on both sides means the problem is likely related to the oil (amount/contamination) or the oil pressure. Your turbo isn't the only thing at risk with low oil pressure... you could toast the whole longblock. Just a heads up.

FML

Should I unmarry my AP? I am running with no cats will it be fine in that regard? Think its possible my warranty will cover anything?

There is an oil place less than a mile from my house I think I might shoot for it I really don't have many other options :(

Well your 5yr/60kmi should be in effect if you havent exceeded the mileage, but without knowing the exact problem it is tough to say. I can't help you with the mods/warranty question.

The first thing I would check is the actual oil pressure by removing the sending unit and putting in a gauge and then idling the car. If the oil pressure is good then look at the AVCS filters in the banjo bolts.

The oil pressure can be dangerously low without setting off the low pressure warning light (stupid huh?) and if the pressure is high then it is likely your screens are clogged.

You might be able to get away with driving it down the road, but less is better. Good luck!

Thanks Underdog. Drove my car a few miles today and got oil change. I am driving like a grandma but it seems completely normal and is hitting boost without issues. No idle problems or sounds. I just wonder if it can make it till this weekend when I will have my second car and get it sorted out. I'll update later... theres got to be at least a .01% chance the code will clear lol

• 4 months later...
I know this is a couple of months old but I just got these stupid codes too...I have yet to diagnose but here's what happened with me. Took my car to the dealer to fix some wiring for my fans. Left it there. When I went to pick it up the gentleman notified me that I was about half a quart low on oil. Not sure what he was talking about because I check my oil all the time. Anyways he said they put in half a quart or so. I was all worried about the other stuff so I just said ya great. Then after my 15 minute/20 mile drive I got home just in time for the CEL to go off with those codes present. Then I realized what might have happened...they put their crappy non-synthetic oil in my 80k+ mi. car which has been running synthetic for a long while now. Is this enough to damage my car? Any suggestions on what to look at...Cams obviously.....I also noticed my serpentine belt sounds a little funny...I have gone ahead and changed my oil and am going to inspect the engine tomorrow (Fri) afternoon.

• 1 year later...
Alright so this thread is long over, but I just bought #174 so I'm wondering what condition this car is actually in and if the turbo is about to be toast or what? It has a turbo back perrin exhaust and is stock otherwise. It is making a pretty strong whining noise as soon as the turbo kicks in. Is this a normal noise with this exhaust or for these spec b's in general, or do I need to get this car checked out asap and I'm screwed? Thanks for the help

I would start by pulling the records from Subaru to see if any repairs were done around the time that this poster posted up.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1(2971)| T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Talk to Mike. he can get you a new turbo pretty much overnight. Ask how I know...

Lets just call that whine your hearing the whine of death.

Get it out of there before it takes the short block with it.

Make sure the filters are removed from both banjo fittings when you install the new turbo.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

We went to ME on vacation last week. The turbo got to the house on wed, GF's brother picked it up and took it home. I stopped there last night and picked it up. When it stops raining I'll begin the R&R. I plan to replace the oil return line too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived