LegacyGT.com

So...how much does your Subaru pollute ?

I fail to see the point of this post. Shows that the LGT gets better than average scores on pollution ratings.
no kidding, our california models score at 9.5 , .. .5 short of best.

All of you people with STAGE 2 should die of shame (or rather of NOx and VOCs) for polluting the environment even more

http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/cars-alpha5-05.htm

Subaru family and other cars.

and here"s for your Legacy

http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/E-SUBARU-Legacy-05.htm

lol, i keep reading this .. wtf? is this guy for real? eyeluvpeeple0nh!h0rses

I fail to see the Legact GT listed. Look at the transmissions: no 5 speed autos are listed. My guess is it's the 2004 models. Also, those that get the 9.5 rating are probably the 163hp versions that are super clean to fit Cali's requirements.

I don't mean to sound callous, or uncaring, but I will start worrying about 1 or 2 mpg, or a 1 extra part per billion, with a *B*, of NOX, etc.... when they successfully can plug every volcano on earth, without causing the planet to explode.

Mount Saint Helens exploded about 20 years ago, and released more tonnage of noxious and harmful gasses than all of human activity in recorded history (and considering that prehistoric people didn't burn much of anything besides plant matter, I don't think that matters much) Not only that, but it is rumbling again...

Global warming and cooling have been occurring for millions of years, sometimes at much faster rates than we may be (conjecture) seeing now. I think "global warming" is circumstantial at best, and likely not out of the ordinary.

I'll take the extra hundred horsepower that comes with the turbo on the legacy, and if that means a few less mpg, then I am not going to loose any sleep over it.

I am more worried about the trash blowing into my yard from the littering inconsiderate people in the neighborhood, and all the fortunate people screaming about Joe Work-a-Day's SUV, while they fly on Gulfstreams, own yachts, and heat multiple homes that they can't possibly use all at the same time.

/rant. I get more concerned with the agenda of environmentalists than the actual environment. The environment has been around for millions of years. I don't think it's just going to up and fail on us now. Be responsible for yourself, and let people live.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't mean to sound callous, or uncaring, but I will start worrying about 1 or 2 mpg, or a 1 extra part per billion, with a *B*, of NOX, etc.... when they successfully can plug every volcano on earth, without causing the planet to explode.

Mount Saint Helens exploded about 20 years ago, and released more tonnage of noxious and harmful gasses than all of human activity in recorded history (and considering that prehistoric people didn't burn much of anything besides plant matter, I don't think that matters much) Not only that, but it is rumbling again...

Global warming and cooling have been occurring for millions of years, sometimes at much faster rates than we may be (conjecture) seeing now. I think "global warming" is circumstantial at best, and likely not out of the ordinary.

I'll take the extra hundred horsepower that comes with the turbo on the legacy, and if that means a few less mpg, then I am not going to loose any sleep over it.

I am more worried about the trash blowing into my yard from the littering inconsiderate people in the neighborhood, and all the fortunate people screaming about Joe Work-a-Day's SUV, while they fly on Gulfstreams, own yachts, and heat multiple homes that they can't possibly use all at the same time.

/rant. I get more concerned with the agenda of environmentalists than the actual environment. The environment has been around for millions of years. I don't think it's just going to up and fail on us now. Be responsible for yourself, and let people live.

This man speaks the truth.

Forget volcanoes... Over the next few years, trucks will finally start to get clean. I still see plenty of dump trucks and 18-wheelers with visible diesel particulate matter spewing forth from their exhaust pipes. According to studies, this is a nasty brew for humans to inhale.

Should make a huge difference in urban environments once low-sulfur diesel phases in over the next few years.

-B

It's always easy for people to justify irresponsibility. The fact is that everything that all of us do matters. People can do what they want, but the planet is our responsibility. Just because there are other things that pollute doesn't justify anyone else making their own personal contribution.

Everyone makes their own choices. To be sure, some environmental agendas are suspect, but others aren't. What isn't suspect is the effects that our choices have on the world in which we inhabit, and the world that we will be leaving for future generations.

Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, but somehow I just don't feel like my choices are making an impact. I must be exempt or something.

Hence the tag: "Be responsible for yourself" at the close of my last post.

I am not advocating carelessness or wanton irresponsibility. I do encourage people to take care, and follow the rule we all learned in Kindergarten, "Leave things at least as good you found them." That is common sense, and being a responsible human.

But micromanagement of people's lives for the sake of appeasing people with a largely anti-capitalist agenda, who are speculating about something that no one has been able to firmly establish, is unneccesary.

How many environmentalists had predicted decades ago that the world should be unliveable by now? Ted Danson comes to mind... did he predict right that all life in the ocean would die by now?

Before 1984, scientists were predicting huge trouble from global cooling. We were headed for an ice age before the end of the 1990s, according to their predictions. Time Magazine ran a huge exposé series on it at the time. Last time I checked that hadn't happened yet, either. Nature isn't nearly as delicate as people would lead you to believe.

I was trying to advocate a proper perspective. The planet itself does far more to affect "our environment" than we could ever do, even if we were trying. The planet is going to do what it is going to do, and has dealt with "worse" environments than what humanity can affect. Natural catastrophe will always dwarf the effects of normal human activity and industry.

Something such as couple of extra MPG here and there from our cars are less than a grain of sand in the sahara. It gives "Actvistis" something to talk about, and something for legislators to do, and look like they are being effective, and not a whole lot more in the big picture.

Guest *Jedimaster*
When are we going to start clamping down on cow emissions?

Stop tipping them and they'll stop farting so much.

When are we going to start clamping down on cow emissions?

Stop tipping them and they'll stop farting so much.

Technically, cattle put out tons of pollution (manure), which pollutes the soil, water, and air. The water is affected the worst, because it pollutes well water as well as nearby streams and rivers within a few miles.

- Mike

Archived