LegacyGT.com

Does the LGT have a separate fuel filter?

Does anyone know if the '05 LGT has a separate fuel filter?

I've done some searching and haven't found an answer. There was some speculation that the filter is integral w/ the fuel pump, but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Anyone know?

Does anyone know if the '05 LGT has a separate fuel filter?

I've done some searching and haven't found an answer. There was some speculation that the filter is integral w/ the fuel pump, but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Anyone know?

It is attached to the fuel pump and is located in the fuel tank. It is due to be replaced every 60,000 miles.

Thanks for the replies folks! The maintenance book is a little confusing on this issue... it says "except Legacy/ Outback" but doesnt' give any alternatives...

Sounds like a PITA to change. Found out the hard way on other cars if you dont do the filter you will do the pump too. Big bucks for a in tank pump. Do the filter change at least as often as reccommended (60,000 mi)

A number of years ago I filled up with gas while the tanker truck was filling up the gas stations tanks. Well, a few days later my car (american car) started stalling. The mechanice replaced the fuel filter and the car was fine for a few days. Then the same thing started happening again. He took off the filter (it was only a few days old) and cut it apart. Well, I was surprised to notice that it looked like someone had packed it with sand. The mechanic said there was no way that was normal and the tank had to be removed and cleaned. Then new filter had to be put in. So if this happens to my subie now??? Seems like even more of a pain on this car. I guess if you are going to clean the tank and dump the fuel it doesn't matter, but still........

This all started when I made an appointment at the local dealer for an oil change. The service writer tried to sell me a "15k service". The service includes oil change, tire rotation, "cleaning the fuel injectors" (for which she tells me they have a 'special machine'), and fuel filter replacement. Oh, the cost: $260!!

I'm thinking to myself what a bunch of BS, so I schedule the oil change and tell her I'll think about the service. I was thinking that the Leg didn't have a fuel filter (accessible to change), so I started the thread. Then I checked the service schedule, and of course the filter is a non-issue, and the fuel system doesn't call for inspection until 30k. What a bunch of BS. I'm going to read them the riot act when I go in on Friday for the oil change....

...and the fuel system doesn't call for inspection until 30k. ....
What is involved with a fuel system inspection? I never want to take my car back to the dealer. Can I do this myself?

Maybe I should just replace the fuel pump and injectors at 30K and get a bigger turbo. That way im safe :lol:

My wifes 2003 Accord' manual states that the oil and filter change ..."should only be done by a qualified Honda technician" due to the special tools required. Oh please. The dealer I go to has a maint. list they do for about $130. Other than change the oil and filter it consists of "check" brake lines "check" antifreeze etc. So a oil and filter change is $130!!! The 20 things they check are a 2 second visual check. No thanks

Archived