LegacyGT.com

Loaned the Legacy to the wife and...

she comes home from her errands and says, "damn, I'm gonna get a speeding ticket in that thing". :lol: Pretty damn funny considering my wife is a pretty conservative/safe driver.

I on the other hand couldn't believe the vague handling and numb steering from her Altima.....Yuck :mad: . Glad to have my car back.

Brian

I on the other hand couldn't believe the vague handling and numb steering from her Altima.....Yuck :mad: . Glad to have my car back.

Brian

I hear you on that one. I was in FL a few weeks ago and had to drive a rental sentra....needless to say i couldn't wait to get home and get my baby back. I was going like 75 in the sentra and couldn't believe how floaty and unresponsive it was....aweful.

My wifes car is a 240 hp Accord coupe. Goes pretty well. She tells me the same things. My honda's fast but your car ('05 5 speed gt limited) will really get me in trouble.

My mother has that same car (2004 V6 accord), it is quite fast and decent to drive but it doesn't give you a whoa crap impression like the LGT does. I do like that it makes that much power on regular 87 pump gas, I'd be tempted by an AWD accord if such a thing were to exist :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
My wife loves driving mine. I worry if I let her take it on her own. She drives her 2 liter Rav4 way too fast :redface:

That's funny. I kep telling my wife I needed to get a radar detector because it is easy to go fast. After I let her borrow it she said "Yeah... you better get a radar detector. That thing is FAST :lol:
Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Guest *Jedimaster*
and she runs stop signs and gets away with it. :lol:

Yeah, werd. Better than my ex though- she thought it was funny to just rack up tickets. She'd get 'em on purpose. I eventually just stopped helping her :lol:

and she runs stop signs and gets away with it. :lol:

That's because they pity her for marrying Jim or somethng like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

[ Too funny- she ran a stop sign and was 15 miles over the limit. This time she was smart- she got nailed in January for no inspection and didn't mention me. This time she told the cop who I was and he said "Oh, does he drive a Subaru wagon?" She said yes. The cop hands her license back to her and says "He has problems-and you do too if you're married to him". :rofl: Toooo funny.

- Mike

My wife loves driving mine. I worry if I let her take it on her own. She drives her 2 liter Rav4 way too fast :redface:

Soo funny My girl drives her Rav4 Like a MANIC.....Sat night I got a lil tipsy and she drove home.....

1) I was try'n to hide the DP - she knew instantly that it had more power the the last time she drove it (for a total of 2 times)

2) She was haul'n, and blast'n through the gears, I was like I could drive smoother then this and I'm hammered...nothing hotter then a crazed girl crank'n through gears :lol:

she comes home from her errands and says, "damn, I'm gonna get a speeding ticket in that thing". :lol: Pretty damn funny considering my wife is a pretty conservative/safe driver.

Brian

My wife has an 01 Volvo v70 with a 5MT. My 05 OBXT is configured the same way.

She was dead against me getiing a new car but, well, I did it anyway.

When she drove it for the first time her comment was simple 'it's a lot nicer than mine".

Now we fight as to whe gets what car in weekends. Also, she got two speeding tickets in 3 weeks in the OB XT.....

Guest *Jedimaster*
That's because they pity her for marrying Jim or somethng like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Mike

He did say something to the effect of "you have enough problems- he has issues" or something :lol:

Still haven't run into the guy to thank him yet :redface:

My wife likes to fumble around with her radio, and reach back to play with the baby!

Sometimes I wish I kept a bottle of anti-anxiety pills in her glove box when riding shotgun.

But she makes up for her driving in many other ways.;)

finally got my wife to take a ride in my Stage 2 LGT. my neighborhood is one of those "master planned communties" but it's only built out maybe 50%. there's a nice plot of land with fully finished roads but no construction (or public) traffic. a portion of the roads actually makes a sweet course for romping around.

so I drive her over there and ride around pretty aggressively for a minute or two. she say's "that's fun....I wanna drive it" and I let her. [many are probably thinking BAD IDEA].

it's a 5MT and she drives a BMW 325i auto. but she has owned manuals before. after a brief get-used to it, she starts romping it pretty good. of course, i'm nervous as hell but she's doing fine. approaching a turn and you know when your gut tells you "you're going way too fast to make it." I yell out "hit the brakes!" and she nails em while entering the turn. understeer galore as we slide toward the on-coming curb. fortunately, the LGT halts about 2 feet short of the curb.

I take over. drive home calmly from there. notice whift of smoke coming from front brakes.

What year altima does the wife drive?

She drives a 2004.

Sounds like she enjoyed it, just wait till the MODS go on. Then she will never want to hand it back.

Great story.

Adam.

Yeah, I'm waiting for Ecutek to price their user flash software and then I'll probably go stage 1. I'll have to keep her away from the car after that:D . That reminds me ...gotta start building up the slush fund so everything stays below the wife radar:lol: .

Brian

Archived