LegacyGT.com

Is Anyone Else's Legacy Running Great Like Mine?

Nope. my LGT is running horrible. The boost comes way to early and too much. Its too quiet. My gas mileage is way to good. Im really pissed!! Gonna see if i can get my money back...

well my complaint is that i wish i had something else, .. maybe a white, silver, and red LGTs besides my black, so i would have a color choice depending on my mood. :)

it makes getting up for work in the morning not so bad.

My "defective" carpet hook is still the original one even. Imagine that! I just wash, wax and drive it. It hasn't given me a single, solitary issue, from performance to appearance, which is much improved now that the winter wheels are off and the stock wheels are back on the car, I must say. Might have to investigate that P1 for stock wheel swap with someone local...

I think that message boards attract an...erm...pickier sort of consumer who, when something goes awry looks for affirmation. It also explains the weekly RE92 thread.

These cars are brilliant, IMHO, and I'm thrilled every time I drive mine.

Kevin

I'm running 100% - no problems and owned it for 7 months now. Only "issue" I have is my lead foot and thus far have only averaged 17.7 mpg - somefood for thought for those of you who consider that an issue :rolleyes: . It's a sports car/sedan - and thus will get "poor" economy.

The tires are sensitive to potholes, but I find them to be good. I've done a very twisty road topping 65+ on the very short strait sections, and pretty quick through the turns.

- Mike

I think that message boards attract an...erm...pickier sort of consumer who, when something goes awry looks for affirmation. It also explains the weekly RE92 thread.

These cars are brilliant, IMHO, and I'm thrilled every time I drive mine.

Kevin

Close to the mark. In my perfect world, folks who post true questions (not bald face whining) aren’t looking for validation as much as simple answers. The negative spin gets built (or reinforced) through the whole group b!tch escalation process. I used to think it was just women (duck!)

How much do I like this car? I’ve been riding motorcycles for almost 25 years – and my current bike has yet to be de-winterized!

Mine is running great as well, other than the carpet hook that fell off over the weekend. I don't think the RE92's are all that bad either, I just did some spirited canyon driving myself and the car handled ok. Now, the tires squeeled a bit :) heh I do plan on upgrading the tires once they are shot.

Absolutely love (in love with) my Legacy! I've never had such an "affair" with a car before. Knowing that I'm going to enjoy the daily commute now makes getting up everyday for work a happier experience.

No complaints at all. Pure thrills with Stage 2 power. Like other's said, I am getting a bit sensitive to the MPG now that premium unleaded gas is over $2.70/gal in So.Cal. Actually been limiting myself to 4G RPM max during my commute. The trip computer tells me that my avg. mpg has risen from 18.3 to 21.3 by doing so.

Can't wait till gas is below $2.50/gas to run wild again!

No burning issues with mine as well. Just got the plates for it yesterday, does that mean it doesn't count as new any more? Still have the carpet hook, no clutch stink, and IMO, the RE 92's aren't bad, though I tend not to push 'em real hard. They do seem to be very resistant to hydroplaning though, finally getting lots of rain here in the Seattle area and it plows through standing water very well. I'm sure AWD has something to do with it as well, I may be 'stuck' with AWD cars for life!

Problems? With this car?

Other than driving fast, taking chances I shouldn't take because I can, giggling at the performance and handling and trying to make my SUV and Truck friends understand the *pure* fun and driving experience that is the Subaru Legacy GT Sedan, I would say things are going just okay.

What a car. Sure, I would like a few things changed that a site search would quickly find, but really, how can I dis a car that does so much more right than wrong?

And the best part? Nobody has any clue watching you drive down the road. That is until.....

Problems? One speeding ticket. (and I'm thankful it's only one!:D )

Otherwise, the most satisfying car I've ever owned. No regrets. I haven't even started shopping for my next car yet! Nothing worth upgrading to.

tom

tom :)

I haven't even started shopping for my next car yet! Nothing worth upgrading to.

Heck, upgrading to something better will cost another 10k at the very least anyway. I don't know that a G35 would be an 'upgrade' or not, the LGT will outrun it, and has as good of an interior IMO albeit without a few creature comforts that the G35 has. The Acura TL might be considered an upgrade from a ride/interior standpoint, but no AWD and the LGT will outrun it (can't remember the 0 - 60 for a manual TL, might run with the manual LGT) with NO torque steer. A loaded 330i might be considered an upgrade, at least through a steering/handling point of view, but that runs well into the 30's if not 40K, and probably won't be as reliable, if consumer reports has correct data.

Love the car. Now that it's broken the 1600KM mark, it's even more fun with the occasional WOT 6000rpm 1-2-3 shift. Wow.

Plus, it's POURING rain here in Vancouver today (big surprise...) and it handles great in big puddles and around hard wet corners. I love the car.

-Compustar install and clear headlight mod are scheduled this Saturday at 10am. I can't wait until then!

Archived