LegacyGT.com

Speeding ticket. Anyone a lawyer?

HNRB4LGT

I just got pulled over last night for speeding on 101 north right before the third street exit. The cop said I was paced going 85 on a 65. the violation was 22350vc. I need to fight this ticket since I just attended traffic school for a bogus stop sign ticket.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help

For the last time, my car is not a Camry

here what i do:

ask for a court date

a week or so before hand call and request trial by written declaration (make up some BS like it interferes with work, undue hardship, blah blah)

extend it out as far as possible (should be able to do it for 9 months or so)

when it finally comes due and you cant extend anymore just send in a letter that says "I'm not guilty"

works every time ;)

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Here's what happened to me when I contested a speeding ticket in Modesto.

Arrived at the courtroom early. Spotted the officer who pulled me over with two other officers and a gentleman who I assumed to be a court employee (i.e. clerk) laughing in conversation about something. The "clerk" turned out to be the judge. The officer lied throughout his testimony and made a few statements that were contradictory. In addition, he misidentified my wagon as a sedan. When I clarified the statements that lacked logical merit and the officer's lack of accuracy in his testimony the judge responded, "Sometimes things just don't make sense." I lost. Considering how chummy the officer was with the judge, I probably lost before the trial even began.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Not to be a dick.......you need to take responsibility for your actions. We wanna play, we gotta pay. And anybody that wants to flame.......think about the human consequences had there been an accident at that speed. Sorry....still thinking about our LGT brother that lost his dad in a car accident.
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

I disagree. A lot of traffic tickets are beatable. If you have a chance to beat it, I say go for it. If you lose then you suck it up and "pay to play".

Speeding doesn't directly correlate to accidents. As a matter of fact there was a traffic study that was conducted (that is referenced in the article I posted) which discovered that almost all speed limits are set to low. Local governments and insurance companies lobby to keep them low because speeding tickets are a huge source of revenue. That same traffic study found that the slowest 15% of drivers actually cause the highest percentage of traffic collisions. Speed limits have nothing to do with public safety.

yeah. I mean i was charged with a 22350vc which is basically unsafe speed for the conditons. I was on 101 north on a straight away. The officer said I did an unsafe lane change also but it wasnt on the ticket. I was getting ready to exit the freeway when he pulled me over.
For the last time, my car is not a Camry

yeah. I mean i was charged with a 22350vc which is basically unsafe speed for the conditons. I was on 101 north on a straight away. The officer said I did an unsafe lane change also but it wasnt on the ticket. I was getting ready to exit the freeway when he pulled me over.

Well, I believe "unsafe speed for conditions" is cheaper than violating the speed limit (depending on how far over you are going). So that's good news, sorta.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

It sounds like he may not have even paced you. If he wrote you up for "unsafe speed" it could mean that he had no way of proving you were doing 80+ (radar or paced). He just guesstimated your speed. I would definitely subpoena the ticket to read his notes on the back. I hope you didn't make any type of admission of driving over the speed limit.

I was going faster but I wasn't clocked. The officer said I was paced when he sped up to catch me from a dead stop. The ticket says 80+ in a 65 zone.

Now all we need is the cop to show up on this forum like on another forum that someone posted a while back.:lol:

Now all we need is the cop to show up on this forum like on another forum that someone posted a while back.:lol:

link?

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
Pace tickets are tougher to get out of than radar. Lawyers are a waste of money for traffic violations. Read this guide. There is TONS of good information here. They explain to you exactly how to fight a ticket. Good luck.

http://www.artofhacking.com/tucops/etc/misc/NOFINE.PDF

I strongly disagree and I used to prosecute these (In Minnesota, where they have real lawyers and judges doing this, dunno about CA).

Pace has so many variable. They are extremely hard to win as a prosecutor. That said, 20 over is pretty open and shut.

Laser simply doesn't unless you can confuse the judge.

And no, I'm not giving and legal advice nor do I want to take a traffic matter.

Also, I hate all the "beat a traffic guides." If I saw someone come in with one, i knew I had a win. They never speak to state law (esp case law). Traffic tickets are extremely local as they just don't go to federal court where they can be binding on others. I've had many people cite cases from Ohio or some shit and get laughed out of court. Meanwhile they miss the technicalities in individual state law. A glanced at that one linked and it seems to miss huge points in MN law that are going to do far more than making it look like the cop doesn't remember everything. (of course he doesn't, judges don't care, as long as he can state how he did things regarding the case. The color of your shirt is irrelevant.) California traffic laws has perhaps the most loopholes of any state in the union. Look them all up, though few will be relevant for a pace ticket at 85mph.

Archived