LegacyGT.com

Speeding ticket. Anyone a lawyer?

HNRB4LGT

Get a nice radar detector. Mine has saved me at least 3 times in the last year. I will never be without one.

If it's being tagged by lidar, then it's a conformation that those flashing lights are for you. I do believe the speed limits are too low but radar detectors scream "I always push the limits" when it's hanging from the window on a traffic stop. With radar you are just better off sticking near larger vehicles and hope the officer is not fully trained on how to use race mode(if equipped).

If it's being tagged by lidar, then it's a conformation that those flashing lights are for you. I do believe the speed limits are too low but radar detectors scream "I always push the limits" when it's hanging from the window on a traffic stop. With radar you are just better off sticking near larger vehicles and hope the officer is not fully trained on how to use race mode(if equipped).

CHP runs rolling Ka pretty frequently, so it is pretty useful in CA. CHP motorcycles seem to love the always on Ka.

Can also been fairly useful against instant on if you are willing to take brief alerts seriously.

Problem with radar detectors:

1. Most of the mounting positions are illegal in CA (nothing on windshields)

2. Reduced likelihood of talking your way out of a ticket.

3. Will be used against you if you fight

Still worth it, but with increased use of lidar and smarter use of instant on, it is becoming less useful.

Archived