LegacyGT.com

This was NOT supposed to be the subject of my first post

Dealership cost on that is roughly a couple hundred dollars with a $100 deductible and that would cover everything. All in all,

I'd love the hear where you got these figures....

As to the original poster...yes most reputable dealers will stand behind this car a little bit....certainly my dealer would. Keep in mind it also depends on what they own the car for..how much they made when they sold it...etc etc etc....my guess is they will handle this repair if you bitch enough...which you should.

GL to you....thinking happy thoughts.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update - BS detectors on, please:

There are silicone rings where the air intake meets the maifold that will shrink when it gets cold - I sort of missed what that does, allows air in and screws with the MAF? Anyway, once the car gets warmed up the rings expand and it's fine.

All this makes sense to me, despite Subaru being known for their cold weather prowess. But the car came from Miami and had only been on the dealer's lot for a week and a half before I bought it.

The replacement parts, whatever they may be, will be in on Tuesday.

So what do we think? Am I going to be cured or will this be issue #1 that gets fixed?

Oh, and the Gold warranty was offered to me for $900 plus $100 deductible.

I'd love the hear where you got these figures....

As to the original poster...yes most reputable dealers will stand behind this car a little bit....certainly my dealer would. Keep in mind it also depends on what they own the car for..how much they made when they sold it...etc etc etc....my guess is they will handle this repair if you bitch enough...which you should.

GL to you....thinking happy thoughts.

uhhhhhhh I work at a Subaru dealership. That could be where I heard....but gosh, I really can't remember.

Ut oh forgot he bought it out of state...

uhhhhhhh I work at a Subaru dealership. That could be where I heard....but gosh, I really can't remember

Well then Subaru's CPOV program must be better than most....obviously no way to prove it either way...but I may have an inside line as to warranty cost as well ;)

Quick update - BS detectors on, please:

There are silicone rings where the air intake meets the maifold that will shrink when it gets cold - I sort of missed what that does, allows air in and screws with the MAF? Anyway, once the car gets warmed up the rings expand and it's fine.

All this makes sense to me, despite Subaru being known for their cold weather prowess. But the car came from Miami and had only been on the dealer's lot for a week and a half before I bought it.

The replacement parts, whatever they may be, will be in on Tuesday.

So what do we think? Am I going to be cured or will this be issue #1 that gets fixed?

Oh, and the Gold warranty was offered to me for $900 plus $100 deductible.

Just got my car back yesterday for the intake manifold gaskets too. Seems ok, but it wasn't that cold outside today. If the gaskets leak, unmetered air gets in causing a lean condition/misfire.

Ut oh forgot he bought it out of state...

Well then Subaru's CPOV program must be better than most....obviously no way to prove it either way...but I may have an inside line as to warranty cost as well ;)

When a car is certified by subaru and the powertrain warranty, it is not much more expensive to upgrade that to a bumper-to-bumper. It's a different story when just buying a gold warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest. Saturday night I was driving home and hit a massive pot hole and now have 2 large bubbles in the sidewall of my brand new tire - which is of course discontinued.

I dropped the car off at the local dealer today for the CEL fix after rescheduling last week because of the snow and my work requirements. I arrived at 8:15am and tell them my name and I wasn't on the list. Whoever I talked to didn't reschedule me. I assured them I had called ahead but to no avail, they made it clear that I could leave it but they likely weren't going to get to it today - which they did not. I was also not given a loaner or told how to get reimbursed for a rental - both of which are part of the CPO program. They referred me to my dealer to find out what to do. So I called my dealer and they told me to call roadside assistance - which I did, and they gave me a PO box address to mail my rental bill to - I assume. No one seemed clear on how that works. There's no chance I am renting a car now, I'm certain to get stuck with the bill. Customer relations was closed. I called another local dealer and asked to speak to a service manager to get some clarification on some of this and he has not returned my call.

All in all, this has been a most unpleasant, inconvenient hassle of a car-buying experience.

In the first 2 weeks of owning this car I have had more problems and been to the dealer more times than I did in 5 years of owning my Scion tC.

Bought from: Annapolis Subaru

Car sitting, er Repairs being done at: Stohlman Herndon Subaru

That really sucks man. I am going through something similiar right now. My wife and I bought an '08 LGT 5EAT less than two weeks ago and it's been back to the dealer twice since and it's going back tomorrow for the third time. I had all the same lights, (CEL, cruise, S mode and VDC light) and the dealer narrowed it down to a faulty cat which they are going to replace under warranty. The difference with mine though, is it still has the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty so everything thing should/would be covered regardless. And I bought mine from a local dealer too.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine. I hope everything goes well.

It has a 6 year 100,000 mile power train warranty from the in service date which was 12/31/06. So I don't anticipate having to pay for the repairs, but it really stinks that I sunk all this money into a car just to put it right in the shop.

Eh, stuff happens to even the best of cars.

Be happy that you will be covered!

I don't mind having repairs done to my legacy if the dealership covers it.

Heck, I don't even mind paying for a rental car for a day or two to get it fixed either.

No car runs perfectly forever.

Here's the latest. Saturday night I was driving home and hit a massive pot hole and now have 2 large bubbles in the sidewall of my brand new tire - which is of course discontinued.

I dropped the car off at the local dealer today for the CEL fix after rescheduling last week because of the snow and my work requirements. I arrived at 8:15am and tell them my name and I wasn't on the list. Whoever I talked to didn't reschedule me. I assured them I had called ahead but to no avail, they made it clear that I could leave it but they likely weren't going to get to it today - which they did not. I was also not given a loaner or told how to get reimbursed for a rental - both of which are part of the CPO program. They referred me to my dealer to find out what to do. So I called my dealer and they told me to call roadside assistance - which I did, and they gave me a PO box address to mail my rental bill to - I assume. No one seemed clear on how that works. There's no chance I am renting a car now, I'm certain to get stuck with the bill. Customer relations was closed. I called another local dealer and asked to speak to a service manager to get some clarification on some of this and he has not returned my call.

All in all, this has been a most unpleasant, inconvenient hassle of a car-buying experience.

In the first 2 weeks of owning this car I have had more problems and been to the dealer more times than I did in 5 years of owning my Scion tC.

Bought from: Annapolis Subaru

Car sitting, er Repairs being done at: Stohlman Herndon Subaru

Sounds like idiots are working on your car...more of a dealership issue rather than a Subaru issue (I know the car isn't working right, but it seems like the dealership is jerking you around)

If you need any info, I work for a Subaru dealership and can do my best to get you anything you need. Just pm with what you need. Past that, good luck with everything. Once everything is sorted out, you will love your Subaru.

• 2 months later...

I thought I would post an update. After picking up my car for the second time, all was right. I have not had a problem since.

I wanted to make sure to thank everyone who helped out and who reminded me to relax and that everything would be ok eventually.

I just started looking into modding. I don't plan on doing a lot. I still need it to drive in the snow, so I am thinking adjustable coilovers. I also want to get a nice set of mesh wheels.

What I've done:

2009+ Outback tail lights

relocated front license plate - since there were no holes drilled in the bumper

35% tint on the side, 25% on the gate, 5% on the front sunroof panel

cleaned up the brakes - painted calipers "Cast Iron"

DRL disable, driver's seat ding disable, removed pin-stripes

Here it is today:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7357/leggyside02.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8553/leggyside01.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9247/leggyside04.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8122/leggyfront01.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6417/leggywheel01.jpg

Other Plans:

Clear corners, subtle exhaust, maybe change the wood-grain to metallic/silver.

car looks good...the only thing bothering me about it is the placement of the front license plate but otherwise looking fresh

edit:maybe try something like this in the middle of the bumper mounted from underneath so no visible holes

car looks good...the only thing bothering me about it is the placement of the front license plate but otherwise looking fresh

I agree, from the side shot it kinda look like the car has its tongue hangin out

Looking good so far, and glad to see that you were able to start making your wagon your own after all that initial stress. And remember, not only is it better than your Audi, it will almost always cost less when things go wrong too - I also had a POS Audi before I bought my grocery-getter and have blown 2 turbos in my LGT already, so I feel your pain...but I also still love this car!!

And it's good to see another BSM wagon in NoVA - just try not to copy mine too much ;o). I Have to say I'm not a big fan of the license plate placement either, but each to their own and there's still plenty of time for you to mess around.:p

But anyway, here's a few ideas of where you can go - I remember when mine used to look stock, not such a long time ago.

Hey and I'm about to upgrade my rims and tires too - so if you're interested in a quick and easy, fairly cheap upgrade - i.e., buying mine, PM me.:lol:

Sorry to partially hijack your thread with some picture whoring, but cheers and welcome to the Wagon Mafia!!:)

Anaconda1.thumb.jpg.6cc3aff19475e053c92331e7ffe95d46.jpg

Volcano2.thumb.jpg.3bb08e18559242f3a097f8032e7afab8.jpg

IMG_1801.thumb.jpg.b7fd56816aff03fac3dc41cc62da33ef.jpg

IMG_1536.JPG.410ef7d399a398d616c4020b5a49a601.JPG

I also don't want to hijack/spoil this thread; but 3L1onz, what was the cause for your turbos to blow? Did they starve from oil (i.e. clogged banjo bolt) or something else? Did it affect your engine? I'm kinna curious.

In any case, landark your wagon looks really nice. Keep it up.

Oil starvation seems to be the most likely cause due to an undiagnosed oil leak, although I never really found out. All I know is it wasn't the demon banjo filter, which had already been removed (according to my mechanic). Fortunately it seems whatever happened I managed not to trash the engine, as I'm doing just fine now (touch wood).

Archived