LegacyGT.com

This was NOT supposed to be the subject of my first post

I also don't want to hijack/spoil this thread; but 3L1onz, what was the cause for your turbos to blow? Did they starve from oil (i.e. clogged banjo bolt) or something else? Did it affect your engine? I'm kinna curious.

In any case, landark your wagon looks really nice. Keep it up.

Banjo bolt clogged or not allowing the turbo to cool down before turning off the engine. Cooling off need depends on how hard you have been driving. There are those who claim it isn't necessary, but it's not wrong to let the car idle for half a minute before turning off the engine.

Type of oil may also be important.

453747.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Banjo bolt clogged or not allowing the turbo to cool down before turning off the engine. Cooling off need depends on how hard you have been driving. There are those who claim it isn't necessary, but it's not wrong to let the car idle for half a minute before turning off the engine.

Subaru says they recommend letting the car idle for 30 seconds after driving hard....such as highway driving. You are correct though....it's never a bad idea to idle for a bit. I'm very guilty of not doing that.

Totally agrees with all of the above. I too have checked my banjo bolt when I bought mine (had 35000 on it). filter was pretty clean but I still changed it. I do let the car idle for at least 30sec to 1 full minute depending on how hard I drove it. Plus, now strictly using synthetic oil as well.

Archived