LegacyGT.com

Outback XT died.. any suggestions?

A code for an unplugged MAF and IAT sensor. The first code you posted (p0030) was an unplugged O2 sensor, which you seemingly needlessly replaced.

I think your problem is that all your wires are unplugged.

Umm what was that about wires? :hide: ( j/k)

Im thinking that he half assed the FMIC install. Back to my original guess of Major vacuum leak. There is likely more connections incomplete or incorrect. Whats the story of BOV? I may have missed it, but what type is being used?

I agree, seems most the help being offered is ignored, he needs a shop to do it.. This car will never run if he keeps at it

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I pulled my plugs, they were wet with gas, so I have to assume it's getting fuel.
Red Flag! Red Flag!

When I read that alarm bells went off in my head too, but given that I'm not the most inclined with the guts of an engine, could this just be as a result of incorrectly gapped plugs not sparking and fuel building up in the cylinder?

When I read that alarm bells went off in my head too, but given that I'm not the most inclined with the guts of an engine, could this just be as a result of incorrectly gapped plugs not sparking and fuel building up in the cylinder?

I actually didn't catch that he said that till I posted about it.

0.040 should idle fine and for the most part, run fine too. The NGK plugs that most people get *****-11.... the -11 denotes they are pre-gapped to 0.040. At least the forty or so boxes I've gone through were. They tend to have spark blowout at that wider gap. Some cars are more susceptible to blowout than others. So if your power is kinda shakey and blotchy up top, mind your gap.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

:lol::munch:

Seriously... Find somebody with an OEM TMIC and swap it on there and see what happens. There's an OEM intercooler for sale in this forum for $50.

There's a lot that can go wrong with that X02 kit you slapped on there... ANY small vacuum leak will let your car run, but not run, as you say...

Have you checked your BOV gasket, as I have asked? I had a bolt back itself out once and my car did the same thing yours is doing.

And I have to agree with this guy if you have not tried said above...

i cant believe this thread has lasted 7 pages. there comes a time in life where you have to admit you cant fix shit. you've about hit that time. tough it up and bring it to a subaru shop. you may be saving money by attempting to fix it yourself but you sure as hell arent driving anywhere

i cant believe this thread has lasted 7 pages. there comes a time in life where you have to admit you cant fix shit. you've about hit that time. tough it up and bring it to a subaru shop. you may be saving money by attempting to fix it yourself but you sure as hell arent driving anywhere

Not sure why you're saying that. Haven't had any time to look at it.

Im thinking that he half assed the FMIC install. Back to my original guess of Major vacuum leak. There is likely more connections incomplete or incorrect. Whats the story of BOV? I may have missed it, but what type is being used?

I agree, seems most the help being offered is ignored, he needs a shop to do it.. This car will never run if he keeps at it

Again, I haven't had time to do anything this week, not sure why I'm being told I can't do any of it

:lol::munch:

Seriously... Find somebody with an OEM TMIC and swap it on there and see what happens. There's an OEM intercooler for sale in this forum for $50.

There's a lot that can go wrong with that X02 kit you slapped on there... ANY small vacuum leak will let your car run, but not run, as you say...

Have you checked your BOV gasket, as I have asked? I had a bolt back itself out once and my car did the same thing yours is doing.

And I have to agree with this guy if you have not tried said above...

I already answered you, It is on my car with a weld-on flange. There is no gasket. I have my OEM intercooler.

Synapse BOV

• 7 months later...
FMIC + lack of tune ==> cooked cat ?

I'm Guessing thats what ended up happening, The uppipe was almost purple. :bbq:(ha it was cooked but looked pretty cool) I'm still wondering why the uppipe would get that hot after adding a Big FMIC with no tune, what happened?? I'm sure there is a scientific explanation... Anybody have any Ideas? Just curious.

Thanks

Archived