LegacyGT.com

Outback XT died.. any suggestions?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before buying a new one you can try checking the connector first or the wires to it eg:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/110951-p0102-p0113-after-up-tbe-install.html

Also... you didn't remove the MAF while you had the key to on did you...? (It could give a false code)

Shrugs... i hope its something easy like that

Before buying a new one you can try checking the connector first or the wires to it eg:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/110951-p0102-p0113-after-up-tbe-install.html

Also... you didn't remove the MAF while you had the key to on did you...? (It could give a false code)

Shrugs... i hope its something easy like that

Yeah actually I realized it was unplugged. I'll check tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry. I do my own work. Thanks for the suggestion though. That's what forums are for.

Well you've proven how good you are that. Before you continue to drive your perfectly good (at least it was a few weeks ago) car into the ground, take it to someone who can fix it properly. And get the stock intake back on there till you are ready for a tune.

If it jumped a tooth or two, it should still start and idle... rough, but still fire.

If it jumped more than that, you borked your motor and that's why it won't start.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

what is a 257 gonna do that the 255 can't? besides run because it's not borked

257 will hold more boost, better pistons, can't remember if the rods and crank are different. May not be worth the price difference if it is $600 or more, but, if a 257 shortblock is just a hair more than a 255, I'd go 257 with no hesitation.

Well you've proven how good you are that. Before you continue to drive your perfectly good (at least it was a few weeks ago) car into the ground, take it to someone who can fix it properly. And get the stock intake back on there till you are ready for a tune.

If it jumped a tooth or two, it should still start and idle... rough, but still fire.

If it jumped more than that, you borked your motor and that's why it won't start.

Aparently you missed the part where I said it did idle

That info changes everything. I'd still check the timing, might as well replace the timing belt while you're in there, it is almost due anyway, then, if that doesn't fix it, return to stock.

If you do the timing belt, get new pulleys, and get a new tensioner also, it will save you head ache down the road.

Archived