LegacyGT.com

anny body got CATLESS uppipe suggestions for my LGT 5mt??

MDKSDMF

does my 05 have an egt sensor and would i have to make a bung for it if i went with the m2? hahahaha i said bung

Yes you have an EGT, but it is not a necessity to keep it. If you run any sort of tune on your car, just turn of the code for the EGT and disconnect the sensor completely. The sensor does not relay accurate values anyways, supposedly, due to its position.

On the search for a new DD...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything beyond the STi uppipe is a waste of money IMO.

You did catch that I got a M2 Up brand new on ebay for $30 shipped? Thats DAMN cheap. Basically unbeatable. So unbeatable that a STi uppipe is a wate of miney IMO- HOWEVER I will say I cant find it for less than $40 now because it is listed with $30 shipping and just bid $10. No one will outbid you.

You think there is going to be a loss of performance from a 3" up???

I think it would affect spool. Post turbo, bigger is better, but pre-turbo thats not the case. I trust grimmspeed's R&D:

The inlet size is 1.92" and the pipe tapers down to 1.72” which acts as a funnel as it moves into the turbo allowing for the smoothest transition and best air-flow quality.

• 1.92" Inlet = perfect match to gasket allowing a little room for gasket movement(anything bigger, ie 2", will almost be guaranteed to put the gasket in the flow which is horrible for flow)
  • 1.75" Outlet = Narrowing down from 1.92 to 1.75 acts as a funnel. Also very close match to most common turbos so you have much less step going into the turbo(unlike a straight through 2" which creates a huge step going into most common turbos vf's, tdo4s, etc)

https://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_54_56&products_id=79&osCsid=gd1coh42ep613hjpovg99di3q7

I just bought an STi uppipe...going to install it in a couple weeks. Here's why I went with an STi uppipe:

1. I can install it and keep it there forever. From what i've read its kind of time consuming to install, so i'm going to leave it there when I one day sell this car.

2. It looks stock, so no questions will be asked by a shop or anything

3. No issues with cracking or leaks.

4. Paid $60 shipped for mine. Bought one for my friend as well for about $65 shipped I think. So the price is good.

3" according to LA LGT

That was according to the ebay ad that I ordered from actually. Mr Sprank is 100% right. I guestimate about what he quoted after looking at it with a tape measure. I can upload an image next to the tape measure if anyone cares but I assure you Mr Sprank has the correct #s. It also came with a turbo to up gasket (but I am going with oem)

Comes with gasket and hardware. The uppipe does not use the stock studs. Actually includes everything you need, I just like OEM gaskets.

eBay adds are the worst for true info, lol. The pipe is 2.25in and 2 out. I was surprised that it actually tapers, but it does. Mine was even welded inside and out. For $30, it seems like a good deal. It is definitely shiny!

after pics of the STI up i got after some reinforced welds on the heat shield and some polishing :)

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/tjbev021/STIup3.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/tjbev021/STIup2.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/tjbev021/Stiup.jpg

At least there's no balls of bird shit on it. Could be worse. Doesn't have to be pretty. Just needs to not rattle.

yes i agree, especially if it won't be seen.

My point is that If I pay a welder to do a Reinforcement Weld and Polish Job, I would want it to be Reinforced and Polished... not Rushed and Wire Wheeled. If he didn't pay top dollar than looks go out the door and you just hope they hold... but if your paying top dollar (or at least the going rate for a welder) I certainly would expect it to match what the fabricator says they are gonna do.

Archived