LegacyGT.com

Gauging intrest: Tein S-tech/H-tech springs

Drift Monkey

That's right, DM found a source for JDM S-tech/H-tech springs! Anyone intrested in a group buy? Both sets are progressive all the way around.

Rates?

S-tech (sedan): 2.7-5.3k F / 3.6-7.2k R

S-tech (wagon): 2.7-5.3k F / 3.6-7.2k R

H-tech (sedan): 3.1-4.7 F / 4.1-6.5 R

H-tech (wagon): 3.1-4.7 F / 4.1-6.5 R

Lowering?

S-tech (sedan): -25 F / -25 R

S-tech (wagon): -25 F / -30 R

H-tech (sedan): -15 F / -15 R

H-tech (wagon): -15 F / -20 R

am i wrong' date=' or weren't the Tein springs more about cosmetics than performance? at least for the WRX weren't they?[/quote']

Well, the newer Teins (04 WRX) were done much better than the older 02-03 springs.

As for pinks...the htechs seem to be pretty close.

Pinks were made for JDM suspension - they lower the USDM more than the stated amount. This has been covered extensively. Just wondering how the Tein's shape up.

Pinks were made for JDM suspension - they lower the USDM more than the stated amount. This has been covered extensively. Just wondering how the Tein's shape up.

Yes I know that, thanks. :rolleyes: Hence the comparison of the pinks listed at -15mm being similar to the Teins listed at -15mm. You could probably expect the same stance from the H-techs on USDM springs..

I just installed the S-techs yesterday. I like them a lot. They lowered the car about an inch and the ride is still pretty good. These are dual rates so they have a nice soft feel on small bumps but it is obvious that the car is lowered when you go over a big bump:eek:. If you want I can post pics once the weather changes. Snowed over here today. These just make the car look so much better. No more fender gap.

Dave

I just installed the S-techs yesterday. I like them a lot. They lowered the car about an inch and the ride is still pretty good. These are dual rates so they have a nice soft feel on small bumps but it is obvious that the car is lowered when you go over a big bump:eek:. If you want I can post pics once the weather changes. Snowed over here today. These just make the car look so much better. No more fender gap.

Dave

Correction. You installed the H.Techs (the gold ones).

This is a generalization of Tein springs (since you are the first in the U.S. I am aware of that has installed either the S or the H on a Legacy GT), but:

The S.Techs have a more aggressive drop and are considered the "sportier" of the springs. The springs are green.

The H.Techs (also referred to as "High.Tech") have a more modest drop and are considered the more "comfort" or "lux"-oriented of the springs. The springs are gold. Of course, the H.Techs are made of "vandium," whatever that is.

Archived