LegacyGT.com

Another 68HTA w/FMIC/AVO intake 93oct pump only full tune

Ridgeracer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problems with your turbo. I got my WGDC down. I have a very small vacuum line from the vent nipple going back into the turbo inlet. My WGDC dropped a good 20%.

Good to hear!

Thanks for your opinion.

Well, I did take a look at your WGDC and it was definitely higher than mine.

However, 20% drop is a big drop!!

Glad you found your problems also.

Quick question guys....could running 1 deg less timing up top = a 10whp loss? I was just comparing some logs of my old Momentum 50T where I ran less boost up top with 1 deg more timing vs. more boost up top with 1 deg less timing. I actually made more power with less boost. I think I'll use the same strategy here. I think my FMIC core is too small for this turbo...:(

I thought the 50T was a bigger turbo. If I'm right, the HTA is probably blowing hotter (less dense) air at the same boost level. That seems more likely to account for the missing 10 whp.

I thought the 50T was a bigger turbo. If I'm right, the HTA is probably blowing hotter (less dense) air at the same boost level. That seems more likely to account for the missing 10 whp.

He is refering to the 50T. Which to be quite honest responded just like a TD06-20g 8cm instead of a FPG.

Got a new log today. Butt dyno tells me that the 50T had more top end pull than this turbo but the tq curve is so fatttt....:lol: Airboy's sheet shows 347whp/346wtq.

That is the hta68? Are you gonna up the boost at all, you should be able to a fair bit.

I should bump boost up to 18.5psi till 6000rpm. That would pull that MAFv up quite a bit. So far the car seems happy. My only concern is the 2.5" shorty DP going into the stock catted midpipe...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I should bump boost up to 18.5psi till 6000rpm. That would pull that MAFv up quite a bit. So far the car seems happy. My only concern is the 2.5" shorty DP going into the stock catted midpipe...

What gas? if decent you could run 20 psi at 6000 rpm.

I got it fixed this morning. It was more of both actually. When I went to start the logger and then select the lc-1, it didn't see the wb's conection port in the drop down menu. I then proceeded to close the logger out but the laptop just shut down. Turns out the serial to usb dongle I have crap out. Not a big deal since my laptop is old and has a serial port anyways. But Romraider would not open. I had to uninstall everything and reinstall again.

Well normally when I turn on the key to acc, the LC-1 would come on (pwr via the cig lighter) and flash the LED showing that it's warming up the sensor until it went to a steady light. Now it comes on with a solid light. Day before I got no light..:lol: Its not connecting to my laptop either. Innovate said to just RMA the unit when I can and they may repair at no charge....we will see.

BTW....Both front and WB O2 sensors were in play during the idle problems from the purge valve nipple leak...I have to wait until the snow melts some more before I can get it uninstalled and sent back for repair. Good thing I rescaled and verified the MAF prior to the failure.

• 3 weeks later...
Well after being knock free, I experienced severe knock at 2.8+ load and 5600-5800rpm. Car pull -3.83 degrees of timing.:( I had two cells in the low load knock region with -1.41 and -1.41 at 2.8+ @ 5600-5800 after I filled up with CITGO gas in CT vs. my usual Hess gas in NYC. After I filled up again with the Hess gas (tank still had 1/8 left of CITGO), the Learn View started to clean up the low load knock but the high load knock was still there since I wasn't going WOT. Well I did a 3rd - 4th gear WOT pull today and it pulled -3.83 at high load. Learn Viewer D range changed only from -0.5 to +0.9 so it's adding a little fuel. Still can't confirm AFRs yet since I'm still waiting for the LC-1 to be fixed. Just strange that it pulled that much. Are they switching back to summer blend already or something? My WOT AFR targets on 93 are 11.0 tapering to 11.2. No WOT pulls until the LC-1 is back.

Archived