LegacyGT.com

Another 68HTA w/FMIC/AVO intake 93oct pump only full tune

Ridgeracer

I wouldn't call that severe knock, it was 2 knock counts. I don't like it, and would either not get that gas or tune it out.

I used to have 8 degrees of timing being pulled on a regular basis on my old TDC map.:mad: Of course that engine is no longer with us.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LBGT....I'm scared to have any knock on a motor with 111K miles on it. And good ole' TDC. If only we knew what we now know back then..:lol: Granted the crap gas you have didn't help that situation either...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

LBGT....I'm scared to have any knock on a motor with 111K miles on it. And good ole' TDC. If only we knew what we now know back then..:lol: Granted the crap gas you have didn't help that situation either...

I would wait until you have a WB to do any more tuning, and it would scare me too, but I really do think you will be just fine.:)

Update...I missed Fedex yesterday. They already shipped my LC-1 back. Anyways I have another question preferably for the ppl on aftermarket intakes. Has anyone adjusted there MAF intake air temp compensation table? I suspect that with the warmer temps, the car is reducing the MAF via that table. That might explain the change in the learn viewer D range...

Update...I missed Fedex yesterday. They already shipped my LC-1 back. Anyways I have another question preferably for the ppl on aftermarket intakes. Has anyone adjusted there MAF intake air temp compensation table? I suspect that with the warmer temps, the car is reducing the MAF via that table. That might explain the change in the learn viewer D range...

I have, but for a bigger intake. I have found that it is not really the best compensation either, I found I had to add fuel as it warmed up from -20 to +30. I will spend some more time on the table when it is warmer, and post my findings eventually.

Look here:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5345.html

Hey thx LBGT....I originally scaled the MAF in 20-30 degrees ambient temps so you can figure around 40 deg at the intake...Now ambient temps are in the mid 50s

Just curious...My D range increased by 1.4% (i.e from -0.5 to 0.9). Would it be safe to say that I should rescaled upper MAF and use that as the reference point..since 56 deg weather is alot closer to a standard day temp of 68 and reduce MAF temp comp by 1.4%? Or maybe just zero it all out and rescale the MAF?

Hey thx LBGT....I originally scaled the MAF in 20-30 degrees ambient temps so you can figure around 40 deg at the intake...Now ambient temps are in the mid 50s

Just curious...My D range increased by 1.4% (i.e from -0.5 to 0.9). Would it be safe to say that I should rescaled upper MAF and use that as the reference point..since 56 deg weather is alot closer to a standard day temp of 68 and reduce MAF temp comp by 1.4%? Or maybe just zero it all out and rescale the MAF?

I am not sure the table should be 0'd, perhaps just adjusted.

It is up to you what temp you wanted to use a reference point. IIRC the ECU kinda revolves 70F as a temp where many comp tables are at 0.

Well after some voodoo magic, I got the LC-1 installed and running. I should say new LC-1 since they sent a brand new unit..:lol: While I was at it I replaced the O2 sensor (thx Mickeyd for telling me that Amazon has them cheap). So I was in fact running lean in the mid range and top end. Was going up to 11.5 - 11.6 when targets should be 11.0. I'm still not clear on the right steps to take to adjust my MAF intake air temp compensation table. Temps today were in the 50s so I'll use that as a baseline and scale the MAF in this weather.

• 1 year later...

Archived