LegacyGT.com

Stage 1 Pro/Dyno Tune for one thousand dollars!!??

veritas

The Cobb Intake requires quite a bit of rescaling of the MAF as well. ;)

even with the Cobb Access Port off the shelf maps? they claim their maps to be compatible with their intake...:confused: I dunno I have an AEM CAI that is sitting in my garage till I get a pro-tune

even with the Cobb Access Port off the shelf maps? they claim their maps to be compatible with their intake...:confused: I dunno I have an AEM CAI that is sitting in my garage till I get a pro-tune

Yes, the Cobb OTS maps run stock MAF scalings. The last Cobb intake I road tuned came to me with fueling off a good 5-7% lean accross the board. Mind you this is closer then most intakes , however still a good amount off. Good thinking, do not install the intake until it can be properly tuned for.

I hear all these Stage 2 suggestions and while I agree that for the money invested in tuning you might as well go with at least a gutted stock downpipe and be able to run Stage 2 flash, but opie needs to realize there's also more cost associated with this before he does it. I get the impression he doesn't want to spend any more than what he was already quoted.

A Stage 2 on a 5EAT at the very least would need a decent transmission cooler installed, such as the TruCool 4452. Then, you'd have to consider the possibility of blowing the stock TMIC without reinforcing it, this being subject to how much boost the map is tuned for. Then, the question remains how is the 5EAT handling all that torque? Yes, 2-3 PSI extra does matter. For me, I had to get a modded valve body because I was dreading the sloppiness of the transmission when shifting at high revs.

The very cheapest would be an open source tune by someone around here, they run around $150 don't they? Then money for a netbook because you would not need more than that, for whatever they run nowadays, I think there are plenty models under $300. Add around $20 for a VAG-COM cable (see the respective thread in the Tuning section). So you could have Stage 1 for right around $500. If the "allowed budget" is a thousand bucks, then I can see a Stage 2 working for that money comfortably. To the price already figured, add a gutted downpipe, a reinforced stock TMIC and a tranny cooler. Depending on which shop is doing the hardware stuff for you and the rates they charge, you could very well end up with money in your pocket enough to take the missus out to a nice dinner to thank her for letting you mod the car ;)

Gonna go with a Stage 1 Protune from EFI Logics in CT. Hopefully I can get there before Feb 1st since they are having a special right now that woud cost around 400 bucks.

I appreciate all the replys but there is absolutely no way I'm going Stage 2. I just wanna clean up some of the hesitation up high and smooth out the power band which is fine for me.

Vin C

NYC

how about this; we meet up, ill drive your car for 3-4 days to get the e-tune from infamous done (just that long since he gives you i think 10 revisions of the tune) and then give you the car back. you pay for gas and the e-tune from infamous and feel free to throw a few bucks my way. All in all about $250 i think youd be done (forget what he charges for tune and depending on how much gas is needed to get your car to me). Im near philly though so itd be alittle drive for you.

how about this; we meet up, ill drive your car for 3-4 days to get the e-tune from infamous done (just that long since he gives you i think 10 revisions of the tune) and then give you the car back. you pay for gas and the e-tune from infamous and feel free to throw a few bucks my way. All in all about $250 i think youd be done (forget what he charges for tune and depending on how much gas is needed to get your car to me). Im near philly though so itd be alittle drive for you.

I appreciate the offer, but since it's my daily driver...I can't really be without the car for that long. Gonna have enough trouble taking an afternoon off to go up to CT, but thats doable. Plus, I'm interested in seeing the process.

Thanks again though :)

Vin C

NYC

I appreciate the offer, but since it's my daily driver...I can't really be without the car for that long. Gonna have enough trouble taking an afternoon off to go up to CT, but thats doable. Plus, I'm interested in seeing the process.

Thanks again though :)

Vin C

NYC

Lol yea it was just a thought. my cars down with a transmission failure so i just miss driving my car. But really if you have a laptop the datalogging is really easy to do with the opensource software and someone in your area might have the tatrix cable. If not that cable is i think 150 and a tune 150 that might take you a week to finalize going at a slow pace with infamous.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do, id probally still be stage1 if i didnt get a great deal on all the parts i have now.

• 2 months later...
Gonna go with a Stage 1 Protune from EFI Logics in CT. Hopefully I can get there before Feb 1st since they are having a special right now that woud cost around 400 bucks.

I appreciate all the replys but there is absolutely no way I'm going Stage 2. I just wanna clean up some of the hesitation up high and smooth out the power band which is fine for me.

Vin C

NYC

Did you end up having this done? If so, what do you think of the results?

I'm considering some sort of Stage 1 upgrade to clean up the hesitation that absolutely drives me nuts. I've had Subaru do the factory reflash already and it did very little.

Thanks.

Did you end up having this done? If so, what do you think of the results?

I'm considering some sort of Stage 1 upgrade to clean up the hesitation that absolutely drives me nuts. I've had Subaru do the factory reflash already and it did very little.

Thanks.

yeah curious to see how it all went? My car is at EFI currently waiting for a stage 2.5 custom tune :spin: If you are going to get tuning work done u should go to them

Archived