LegacyGT.com

Check engine light, VDC light is on, and cruise control light is flashing

yea so i have a 99 legacy sus. but that car actually runs fine. my 09' impreza threw a check engine light, the vdc light is on, and the criuse control light is flashing. anyone knows wats wrong????

i have an appt at the dealer but it isn't till next week so any help would be appreicate it.

thanks

You need to use a code reader to know what's going on.

Check with friends or see if any of your local auto parts stores have a loaner program as many of them do.

Once you have the fault code, you'll know whats causing the issue.

...my 09' impreza threw a check engine light, the vdc light is on, and the criuse control light is flashing...thanks

Most likely a faulty O2 sensor and common on new Imprezas. Some had to get it changed 2 X, not even a week later. Not sure if it 's design issue of using poor quality parts issue.

not really fun in the snow, i work for a landscaping company so i have to work when roads are very very bad plus i have the RE92s, my mistake they are horrible, i almost landed in a guard rail in a dusting. anyways haven't had FUN intentionaly, have been sliding though. however i was driving on dry pavement and went over a freinds house shut the car off, went inside for about an hour, came out started it up, let it warm up for 5 min and the lights were on.

btw i only have 8K miles on it i hit that yesterday

not really fun in the snow, i work for a landscaping company so i have to work when roads are very very bad plus i have the RE92s, my mistake they are horrible, i almost landed in a guard rail in a dusting. anyways haven't had FUN intentionaly, have been sliding though. however i was driving on dry pavement and went over a freinds house shut the car off, went inside for about an hour, came out started it up, let it warm up for 5 min and the lights were on.

btw i only have 8K miles on it i hit that yesterday

The dealer is your best option its under FULL warranty just wash it to make it look better :lol:

yea you dnt wanna see what it looks like. its spark silver and was just washed and waxed before our last snowfall its completely white now!!!!!!!!!!!

luckily i have my 99' legacy sus with pirelli snows on it so i still have that to get around with due to more snow expected tonite through new years day

Whenever the CEL is tripped, it disables VDC and the cruise control and those lights come on, not only for safety but so you won't ignore it. There are 150 or so codes that can be associated with it. If the car is within warranty, see your dealer.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Did you erase the codes or did the CEL go off by itself?

I'd just monitor it - if the CEL doesn't come back, I wouldn't worry about it. The system will clear the CEL itself after a number of starts and/or run time if the issue has resolved itself.

It's worth recording the codes however so you can keep track of the issue for future reference.

Archived