LegacyGT.com

Front end is wonky. Quick help!

Hey everyone, I am new to subies but not to cars. The front end of my car is very "loose" feeling when I drive, very disconnected feeling when I drive. It makes noises that sound like the top hats need to be replaced over bumps. However they were just replaced.

I put the car on the lift and the only thing that moved and looked worn out where the control arm bushings. The ones that bolt to the "frame" then to the control arm (lower control arm).

Anyone have similiar issues. I am driving a 99 LGT. Also I have been looking all over for these bushings and can't find anything! Any energy suspension master kits? I am having a hell of a time finding anything for this car!

Thanks everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Well energy suspension makes a "master bushing kit" for must vehicles, was wondering if anyone on here has found one? It comes with every bushing for the car. Can some one give me a good place to order the steering rack,control arm and sway bar bushings from?

BUMP! It now feels like something is going to fall off the car when I hit bumps? Driving down the highway it likes to pull left. The car was aligned a year ago, it has new tires, struts and top hats. Does this sound like it could be the front LCA bushings? I had it up on the lift and everything seemed tight and good, except those bushings had a little bit of give to them. I am stumped. Input would be lovely.

Thanks all!

• 2 months later...

i also have a pretty bid knock when i take 90s at 35mph. and when i hit bumps. that bushing thing makes perfect sense as to why that knock happens.

i recomend measuring the part and looking for a part that would still fit

• I Donated
BUMP! It now feels like something is going to fall off the car when I hit bumps? Driving down the highway it likes to pull left. The car was aligned a year ago, it has new tires, struts and top hats. Does this sound like it could be the front LCA bushings? I had it up on the lift and everything seemed tight and good, except those bushings had a little bit of give to them. I am stumped. Input would be lovely.

Thanks all!

check your tie rods and ball joints.....if those check out ok look and your strut mounts. There are only so many things that it can be....get your car up in the air and start shaking everything. If the lower control arm bushings have play in them like you said, thats likely the cause of the noise. Take care of those and then go from there. If it wasn't what was making noise, it won't hurt to replace them anyways since they are 10 years old and likely have a lot of miles on them

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived