LegacyGT.com

STAGE 1 or STAGE 2

which clutch did you end up using to replace oem?

I have not yet replaced it and still slipping under 3rd and 4th gear hard acceleration sometimes. I will be going with the ACT Street Disc and WRX flywheel. Check some of the threads in the 'Transmissions' section and you will find some more definitive answers of why I am choosing that. HERE is a good start.

I have not yet replaced it and still slipping under 3rd and 4th gear hard acceleration sometimes. I will be going with the ACT Street Disc and WRX flywheel. Check some of the threads in the 'Transmissions' section and you will find some more definitive answers of why I am choosing that. HERE is a good start.

any link to order these parts?

Someone mentioned awhile not (not verifying the truth behind this) that Cobb had stated, clearly, that they'd be tweaking and releasing a new version of the LGT map sometime in the new year with some lessons learned in a few areas. It will still always be an OTS conservative tune focused on safely raising power in as many areas as possible. I hope they do release something with a bit better (i.e. more consistent) AFRs and knock avoidance.

To me, a safe bet for a newbie or someone wanting plug, play, and walk away would be to use a Cobb 91 octane map and run 92-93 octane gas. And JB Weld the stock Intercooler endtanks.

I'm in p-town as well. If you need any help let me know.

So am I. What you need to do is ride in a stage 2 car to see if its good enough for you. But like most people, you will go stage 1, it will feel fast, then slow. Then continue the process with each stage. I bought my car at stage 2 and told my gf, "this is great because Its fast enough, I don't have to mess with it!" Two months later im stg3+ and negative large amounts of cash

well i received my Cobb a2(thanks Izzy) and now my car is at stage 1, def feels stronger,much smoother.I ordered my ERZ catted DP and as soon as it arrives will be going to stage 2..How accurate do you think Cobb is with the HP and TQ estimates they have listed on there website(305hp,345tq stage 2) and (285hp.305tq stage 1).. thanks for every ones input

well i received my Cobb a2(thanks Izzy) and now my car is at stage 1, def feels stronger,much smoother.I ordered my ERZ catted DP and as soon as it arrives will be going to stage 2..How accurate do you think Cobb is with the HP and TQ estimates they have listed on there website(305hp,345tq stage 2) and (285hp.305tq stage 1).. thanks for every ones input

I'm pretty sure they are not measuring at the wheels. My stage 2 dyno tune got me to 238awhp and 290awtq

Archived