LegacyGT.com

VDC Head Unit - Pricing (MP3 capability for those who care)

Brady

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't you guys want to wait for the '06 to see if they changed the cd/mp3 player?

Even if they offered it as an option it would probably be the same unit..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Okay so I get a call back from the dealer, they say that according to SOA that the VDC is not "compatible" which to me is a load of crap.

Has anybody here made the switch, and if so did you have to make any mods outside of swapping the units?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

That is a bunch of BS. It is a 5 minute job. Do a search, I have had mine since September and it works fine. You can check it out anytime if you want.

Where did you get your unit from?

Guys, think u could post the names and phone numbers for those of us that prefer not waiting till 06?

Either the Mastro info or the Liberty info would be fine.

Mahalo,Josh

That's a little personal, don't you think :lol:

I bought it from Mastro in Florida, Opie works there and originally found the part number for me.

Took me a second :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:x100

I think I may call subaru directly myself tomorrow.

Okay so I get a call back from the dealer, they say that according to SOA that the VDC is not "compatible" which to me is a load of crap.

Has anybody here made the switch, and if so did you have to make any mods outside of swapping the units?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's a load of bullshit, just like I was told that SOA said that the '06 navigation will not be able to be retrofitted into an '05

- Mike

hello guys.

we have the units listed on our site here:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=815

if you guys wanted to do a minimum of 4 units

i would drop the price to $615.00

right now - Subaru is completely sold out.

the units are on national backorder.

this typically means 2-3 weeks before we see more.

We can get a group buy in, and do a preorder, thus reserving some from the next batch... contact me if you guys are interested.

Leo pointed this thread out to me... and honestly, i just wanna help.

Shout if i can do that for ya.

:redface: Jamie

www.subarugenuineparts.com

jamie@chaplins.com

www.jamie-thomas.com

• 2 weeks later...
checking today:

there are 7 units available right now

contact me for details.

jamie

???!

Does this mean I'll see mine soon!?

<-- one response away from being in love with Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Got my unit in from Jamie tonight! Install went pretty well, also added the sub at the same time, so that added a LOT of time (Subaru's sub instructions SUCK!).

VDC radio works wonderfully. Automatic Climate control worked fine (after I realized I needed to Plug it in!) and it's playing MP3s out of the gate. Now I need to reprogram radio stations ... or do I?

Jamie ... Do you think you could have used more bubble wrap?! :lol:

Thanks for the care, it was in great shape when everything arrived. :)

Got my unit in from Jamie tonight! Install went pretty well, also added the sub at the same time, so that added a LOT of time (Subaru's sub instructions SUCK!).

VDC radio works wonderfully. Automatic Climate control worked fine (after I realized I needed to Plug it in!) and it's playing MP3s out of the gate. Now I need to reprogram radio stations ... or do I?

Jamie ... Do you think you could have used more bubble wrap?! :lol:

Thanks for the care, it was in great shape when everything arrived. :)

Congrats! Wonder if you would mind posting up your opinion on features of the VDC unit? Like shuffle capabilities (file?, whole disc?), also ease of navigation through files....etc. Thanks. :)

Archived