LegacyGT.com

Subaru GTX

I was just looking through the NY post and saw some contest which the winning prize is a Subaru GTX, the picture in the ad is of a Legacy GT wagon. I went to the website listed http://www.billkolbjrsubaru.com and saw that this is just a GT that had some dealer added items which they are now calling a GTX. Has anyone here ever seen one of those?

Yeah, I've heard of them. I was interested in purchasing a "GTX" Wagon. Ended up with the Outback XT from the dealership instead. They still installed the STi strut tower brace, and I went with wheels and tires from tire rack. Overall, they do a good job with the leather interior, which is two-tone and black and were really easy to deal with. I think when they advertise for 300+ hp, it means reflash, filter, borla exhaust. Overall tho, they were cheaper and easier than dealing with my local dealer.

I think it's like offering a Roush (spelling?) Mustang or F150. Saw one of those (truck) at a dealer by my parent's house in Pittsburgh. The dealership pays for the cars, but not sure about the warranty. They must honor the reflash, never came up b/c I got the AP anyway.

300 hp is probably a load of crap. It's got a borla exhaust and different seats, a strut tower, and maybe stiffer springs.

Think about it....subaru charges an extra 3000+ MRSP between the GT and GT limited. Only difference is leather seats, sunroof, and auto climate control. Now your talking a cat back exaust, custom suede seats, strut tower...the dealer will jack it up. You can add most of this yourself...a borla cat back for $700 and a strut brace for $300...and your only out the suede.

Actually, when speaking to their salesman he told me they had a car getting "a chip," drop in filter, plus the Borla exhaust, getting that packaged dynoed somewhere in California. So, I guess they really do plan on having "300 hp" versions available. I just wanted to go with the AP instead

i don't think "chip" is the correct term here. i don't believe our cars work with "chips". you reprogram our ECU. they may be taking the car to a custom tunner. if you did it yourself, take it to a tuner, figure around $800.

the only plus getting it set up through the dealer would be if the factory warrenty is still %100.

Geez, take it easy guys. I'm just quoting the salesperson when I say "chip." He was actually very pleasant and easy to deal with. I didn't get the GTX package anyway, just the strut tower brace and the seats. Borla's don't fit the OB (yet) and Cobb's AP just seemed like a much better deal.

I was at the NY Auto show this past weekend and that dealer had a few cars there. They where in a tent out side the show. Plastered on the window's it said something like 300+ HP. The guy had an LGT, LGT WAGON, And an STI. Don't know about the HP but they looked cool. Had some nice interior and nice wheels on the LGT. Also the wagon had chrome dipped stock wheels on it. Which I didn't like but I'm sure some people would.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw that awhile ago, HEREyou can see what we discussed about it. I also think someone from this site has a GTX.

This is why I've never been a fan of car forums. For the other car lists I involved with, I like mail lsts. IMHO, unless you religiously keep up with a forum on a daily basis (which I can't/won't do), it's way too time-consuming to keep up with every topic that pops up. When I get on a couple of days a week, I used to go to the "New Posts" list, but the first few pages were taken up with posts from "today" and Im not gonna dig down to find all of the new stuff for the last 3-7 days.Even doing a search (wich I did for this topic) gives me a multiple-page list of stuff to dig through.

Sorry about the semi-rant, but I'm not apologizing for not knowing about every thread that existed about the GTX.

Ron

This is why I've never been a fan of car forums. For the other car lists I involved with, I like mail lsts. IMHO, unless you religiously keep up with a forum on a daily basis (which I can't/won't do), it's way too time-consuming to keep up with every topic that pops up. When I get on a couple of days a week, I used to go to the "New Posts" list, but the first few pages were taken up with posts from "today" and Im not gonna dig down to find all of the new stuff for the last 3-7 days.Even doing a search (wich I did for this topic) gives me a multiple-page list of stuff to dig through.

Sorry about the semi-rant, but I'm not apologizing for not knowing about every thread that existed about the GTX.

No problem, the search on here sucks I think. I always post new tread that already been discussed. I was trying to help you out and show you what has been discuused before about your topic. Don't be sorry. ;)

Archived