LegacyGT.com

Continental ExtremeContact DWS Complete Garbage

LegacyFuture

just got the DWS installed... does feel wobbly than the stock tires and much softer steering. Gonna try it out at 36/38 psi. Doesnt really bother me... I hope the grip is much better than stock.

Placed my order for the DWS. I look forward to what you think of 36/38 psi.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had mine on for 4 months/3500 miles. I tike them; they seem to have a harsher ride, but my ride has been deteriorating since ~22,000 (I switched ~27,500).

Dry and wet performance is great. I'm in the mid west so i'll find out in the coming weeks how it does in snow.

Was just looking on Tirerack and it's cheaper to buy 225/45 17 than the stock size. $112 vs $121.

Have a hole on the sidewall of one of my tires, if Goodyear doesn't offer any type of discount on a new set of tires I'll be ordering these.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Was just looking on Tirerack and it's cheaper to buy 225/45 17 than the stock size. $112 vs $121.

Have a hole on the sidewall of one of my tires, if Goodyear doesn't offer any type of discount on a new set of tires I'll be ordering these.

Found it cheaper, $80/tire https://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/continental/215%252F45-17+continental+extremecontact+dws+91xlw.html

Yeah I know but they are in CA, I'm in PA. I don't want to drive on a donut spare any longer than I have to. Upgraded shipping is over $200, so then it would be cheaper to get them from Tirerack. Unless Discount Tire Direct will price match, their closest warehouse is OH.

Alright got my DWS today and love them so far. I took the car in some snow about 8 inches deep and it handled like a dream. The car feels much more mushy though like Alaskajoel experienced. I am going to go fix the tire pressure now and I am sure that will help. I had Discount tire price match online tires and I ended up getting everything for $465 out the door.

P.S. Discount got my tires in 3 days. It depends where you live.

Turns out Goodyear is giving me 3 new Eagle GTs. Have to pay for install and the one that has a hole in the sidewall. Will update my GY Eagle F1 AS thread after I get the new tires installed.

• 2 months later...
!@#$, 800 miles got a bubble on my DWS..... i guess it cant handle NYC roads lol... or possible my driving =\

That sucks. I got 5k on mine. Couldn't be happier. Your bubble was likely a manufacturing flaw and should be covered under warranty.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Tirerack will match the price of these other online retailers selling them for $88/per tire almost $25 cheaper per tire than tirerack.com.

Thanks,

Adam

I emailed TR about that back in Dec, never got a response. Didn't try calling them. So maybe you'll have more luck calling them instead of email.

to people dealing with soft side wall issue. pump tires to 40psi all around with nitrogen worked well for me.

Do you experience tpms sensor problems during cold temperatures w/ nitrogen filled tires? nitrogen is good to maintain tire pressure and cooler running temperatures but my 2008 LGT Limited has tpms that lights up when it get cold! anyone else have nitrogen filled tires experiencing the tpms problems?

And why do you think nitrogen causes this?

Use 78% nitrogen mix easily available as air and pump up the tires. Apparently cold pressure is below limit.

Krzys

my tires are not filled w/ nitrogen. i'm just curious if i did use nitrogen, will it hender my tpms system from working properly.

my tires are not filled w/ nitrogen. i'm just curious if i did use nitrogen, will it hender my tpms system from working properly.

No. Got my Hankook's filled with nitrogen and no, it does no hinder the TPMS. Advantage is they hold pressure a lot better than air, disadvantage is unless you have nitrogen in your garage you can't just fill it up when they do run low.

Paid $550 for a installed set(4) of 215/45/17's in ExtremeContact DWS. Also free GPS(tom tom) coming by mail to boot.

Very happy with the purchase, nice quiet and very rain capable tire. I have not pushed them yet.

:)

what are the advantages/disadvantages of using nitrogen?

It is supposed to be more stable across wide temperature changes, and drier to supposedly prevent the corrosion that sometimes forms on the bead area of a rim. They use N2 in airliner tires, so after a nice flight through sub-zero temperatures fling across the Pacific, the jet won't blow out a tire when it goes from 0 degrees to easily over 100 in the blink of an eye as you touch down. The benefits to us stuck on the ground are really over played, the N2 tire filling is fine as long as it's no extra, but don't pay additional money for it.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

Paid $550 for a installed set(4) of 215/45/17's in ExtremeContact DWS. Also free GPS(tom tom) coming by mail to boot.

Very happy with the purchase, nice quiet and very rain capable tire. I have not pushed them yet.

:)

i got the same deal from discount tire! other than the soft sidewall issue, i'm very please w/ the purchase and performace when driving in the rain. i just filled the tires to 40psi and it's good!

Archived