LegacyGT.com

Is invoice price a good deal on a 2010 Legacy or Outback?

mark greenstein

With little effort, you should be able to get below invoice on a Legacy. They are driving harder deals on the OB due to it's "SUV of the Year" status at the moment.

There are several optioned the way my wife wants (Limited + moonroof) and they've been on the lot for at least a couple of weeks now without selling.

That means nothing. You can always get a cheaper price. It gets to a point where you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to go and do all that extra work to save an additional hundred dollars or so. And just because there is a place that will sell it cheaper doesn't mean you'll get that price. Also usually places that do that will make up that money somewhere else so in reality you aren't getting the deal you think you are. Dealerships are here to make money and not give cars away.

yes i'll wait. they are not sticking around long but aren't flying out the door. by creating so many options, subaru put themselves in this situation.

options??? They only offer one transmission for the LGT and 3.6R and two for the 2.5i other than that all the interiors are similar and any options easily added at the dealer

I didnt read all of the posts but have a couple of questions:

What trim level/engine are you looking at?

Are you prepared to travel a little to get under invoice If you can find the vehicle you want in current inventory elsewhere(realize that there is only $800-1200 in holdback you COULD gain)?

If you are looking at a 3.6 Outback, you will he hard to find one in inventory, let alone one under invoice.

You are correct in that some of the trim levels are super hard to come by and no incentives are even being in the pipeline for the Outback..,heck, the 2009 Foresters still do not have any incentives. On the harder to come by trim levels, mostly Limited in either engine, if you get near invoice and it fits your budget...take it.

as with all vehicles though, if $500 or even $1200 between on a price of a vehicle puts it out of someone's budget range, maybe it is the wrong trim level or even model to look at.

If the vehicle is the one you want, within your budget, and seems fair for the market value and availability...why not get it?

wow the new legacys are pricey

Archived