LegacyGT.com

How long did your first pair of tires last.

pags23

do you replace them after the little nubs come off or do you drive exclusivley sideways? I'll admit that 75k was pushing it but 2 sets in 40 k is a bit extreme

First mods I did were upgraded struts, springs and a rear sway, so I corner pretty aggressively. I wear them bald and the two sets I went thru were 400 tread wear all-season contiextremes and kuhmo asx's. Even wear, 20k miles a piece and they are done.

If you know why I go thru tires so quickly please tell me.

The RE92s on the '02 and '07 WRXs lasted 15K tops. According to TireRack their treadwear rating is 160. The RE050As on the '10 LGT come off tomorrow with 4K miles in favor of the snows, and their treadwear rating is 140. My hope is that I don't have to buy new summers until spring 2011. Average yearly mileage is 25K, so I'm not sanguine. The RE050As will be replaced with high-performance all-seasons.

Anyone who got 60K miles on RE92s drives like the Little Old Lady From Pasadena.

Changed the RE92As on our Impreza after 25K miles. Probably could have got another 5-10K out of them but they didn't feel safe in the rain. They weren't that good in the snow with full tread, so good riddance!
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Judging by your wheels, you have the 2.5i, correct? If so, you have Yokohama Advans A82A's, and not the RE92's the others are talking about (those come stock on the GT's). I got around 20,000 miles before a nail punctured my front driver's and replaced them all with Continental DWS.

They weren't bad tires, and got me through two winters prior.

How are your Continental ExtremeContact DWS's holding up? I thinking about either replacing with the OEM Yokohama Advans A82A's or those.

I currently have 56 K on my OEM's

Thanks.

How are your Continental ExtremeContact DWS's holding up? I thinking about either replacing with the OEM Yokohama Advans A82A's or those.

I currently have 56 K on my OEM's

Thanks.

I can't tell how quiet they are for sure since my music is always turned up to drown out any cabin noise :redface: Ride quality seems to be better than the Advans, being that I feel safer doing spirited turns and in wet conditions. I haven't driven in thunderstorms with these yet (I love driving in the rain), but I can tell you they cut through water like a champ.

I only had these on for >1k miles so I can't say how they are in the snow, but I am looking forward to it :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

thanks for the info....I looked at the picture of the DWS's and that channel is extremely wide to push water out...

I'm not concerned with road noise considering the car doesn't block out much road noise to begin with......I do care about the winter driving aspect....

The price difference doesn't bother me $600 for the Conti's mounted / balanced out the door vs. $788 for the Advans

Right now I'm leaning towards the Advans based on their previous performance for the last 56k miles...

haha, calm down dude. I was not making an insult, I was trying to say that (IMO of course) the RE92s are a poorly mismatched factory tire to a vehicle that comes with as much power stock as the LGT does. As you know, your tires are the only thing that come in contact with the road (or gravel or dirt or what have you), and are therefore the most important wear item on the car.

Once you put some decent performance tires on the legacy, you can actually see what the car is capable of, as you won't be limited by the craptastic RE92s. That's all I was trying to say.

I am around 48,xxx and still have 6-7,000 miles left at least. Still on stock brakes too.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived